Friday, May 11, 2012

I Think I'm Back


Char must have heard me whimpering.  She walked into the room and asked, “What is wrong?’
“What is firefox?,” I replied “And where do I buy it?”
Yeah, she giggled.
“You want me to download it for you?” she asked with a hesitance in her voice.  She knows I hate, absolutely hate, anyone messing with my computer.  They usually screw up something.
But when I said “Yes” she knew I was at my wits end.
She sat down at my computer as I walked out of the room.   I couldn’t watch.  Less than two minutes later Char sounded the all clear.  It was done!  If ever there was a time a time to say PRAISE GOD it was then.
I’ll get some posts up soon including: It’s a God Thing, The Great Butterfinger Caper, Morton’s Reserve, and others.
Thanks for your patience as I duel with technology.

9 Comments:

Blogger Granny Annie said...

"Praise Char!" would be more appropriate. Glad to know you are back in the swing of things. You didn't need to blog because Cliff has been sharing all youR news and, by the way, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I'm glad you're back. now get busy, you've got some catching up to do.

8:58 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Sometimes i think Windows 98 was the BEST! I hate upgrading things... mostly the problems outweigh the supposed benefits... but then I still have dial-up!

Good luck!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Ralph!! Congratulations on your prestigious award!! What an honor and you are very deserving! I hate it when they change blogger. It's hard for people like me who are "technology slow learners." In my case I'm a very slow learner. I'm glad you have Char to help you. I know what you mean about not wanting anyone to touch your computer. It is frightening!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Most computer stuff is far too complicated for me. I have my kids do it.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Lanny said...

Yahoo! Looking forward to reading those posts soon. I'm almost seeing large chunks of non-dirt-work time comin' 'round the bend... just in time.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sorry I missed this one. How is Firefox by now? I am starting to get the hang of the new stuff on Blogger. There are problems but most I have my own 'work around' ways figured out.
..

1:50 PM  
Blogger Debbie Evans said...

I blinked, for about a month or so, and everything seems so very foggy. Glad to know there's new stuff and not just my brain... I really enjoy your post so I'm glad you are getting back!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

It's July now and I don't think you are back!!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home