Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Early Arrival

It’s happening again. Every year Santa selects a location he can practice Christmas deliveries. Rumor has it he makes these practice deliveries to work out any kinks so everything goes smooth on Christmas Eve.

Somehow, my cul-de-sac was chosen again. It’s probably because there is plenty of room for the sleigh.

He arrives early every morning and tapes a picture of himself on the screen door, most likely so the neighborhood kids will know he has been there.

Earlier this week Santa started leaving kids small gifts. It might be a few pieces of candy, a small toy, just a little something. This will carry the kids over until Christmas and help Santa streamline the whole delivery process.

Now I’m not going to tell Santa how to do his job but it does look like he can improve the wrapping department.

11 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

So who is the mystery Santa that can't wrap?

10:11 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Marla
That is a great question and it points out one of the most common misunderstood facts about Christmas. Wrapping is actually done by the elves at the North Pole, Santa is only in charge of delivery.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Gosh, I hope Santa doesn't accidentally leave one of his gloves on the kitchen floor for the kids to find when they wake up on Christmas morning. ;)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I remember Santa doing this same thing last year.
How DOES YOUR neighborhood get so lucky?
Those are some lucky kids!
The holiday cheer is happening in full force in your neck of the woods.
Our neighborhood kids look forward to receiving a new whittling set and a box of shiny rocks each year.

Ho, Ho, Ho!!!

:-)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Ralph! It appears that you have one lucky neighborhood. I bet the kids, big and small, look forward to this and hope Santa picks the neighborhood every year. Lisa

12:35 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Hey I got cheated!! He doesn't leave early presents here!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Hey I got cheated!! He doesn't leave early presents here!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I remember you told about this last year. I hoped Santa would try out our neighborhood this year. You don't think it's too late, do you? I'll keep checking my front door.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Santa isn't leaving anything in our yard except deer droppings. If I can' get my hands on that guy it won't be good.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like that in Massachusetts. We can't even say "Christmas" 'round these parts. Boston put up the "Official Tree," also referred to as the "Holiday Tree." (My, how festive!) Folks gather around, singing, "It's beginning to look a lot like whatsit!"

I've been checking for a "Winter Solstice" gift, propped against the front door, left by an unidentified man in a scarlet suit. I'm guessing it'll arrive the same day as my writer's bailout check ~ feast or famine!

I see nothing amiss with that wrapping job... I make lumpy gifts, too. I just didn't realize the elves were equally wrap-challenged.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

The wrapping just gets ripped off, anyway. What a generous Santa!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home