Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Before Blogstock

We never shared this story at Blogstock but now it’s time.

Cliff and I had to make a run into Iowa to pick up some items for Blogstock. I was driving and for the first time in my life, I was speeding. Suddenly, in the rear view mirror, I saw the state trooper with his lights flashing. I pulled over.

The trooper walked up to my side of the van, and smacked me across the face. Stunned, I asked, ''Why did you do that?''

The trooper responds, ''You're in Iowa now, you have that license out and ready around here!''

Startled I replied. ''I apologize sir, I'm not from around here.''

The trooper then walks to the passenger side of the car, and tapped on the window. Cliff rolled down the window and the trooper smacks him across the face.

''What was that for?'' asked Cliff.

''I know your kind,'' said the trooper, “About two miles down the road you would look at your buddy and say, ‘I wish he would have tried that crap with me!’”

Okay, that’s a joke.

8 Comments:

Blogger Granny Annie said...

I've never met you and Cliff in person, but somehow I knew this was going to be a joke when I read, "I was speeding for the first time in my life".

4:49 AM  
Blogger Lanny said...

You're funny. Very funny. But Grannie Annie, even funnier. Thanks for the early morning gaffaw, it is better than coffee.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny stuff - I believe I chortled aloud! I got a funny look for waking up the snoozing pup.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

That happens a lot.
..

5:16 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten all about that cop. Thanks for bringing it up.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Ralph,
Somehow I can't picture you speeding. Road rage, yes. Speeding, no.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

With you two together, anything is possible. Lisa

5:26 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Are you sure that's a joke?

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home