Thursday, October 30, 2008

Char Versus Sarah

The political races in Colorado are heating up. Nothing is as hot as the feud between Char and Sarah Palin. And, as fate would have it, I somehow ended up in the middle.

Earlier this week Char came home and hit the button on the answering machine. An all too familiar message was there, “Hi, this is Governor Sarah Palin. . . .” Char threw her arms up in the air while exclaiming in a rather loud voice, “She calls every day!”

Trying to defuse the situation I interjected, “Well Char you need to understand a couple of things. First, it is an election year. And secondly, Sarah thinks I’m hot.”

Char gave me ‘the look’, glanced at the number on the caller ID and went upstairs. Even though she was upstairs, I could hear her quite clearly. “You people call here everyday. We have voted. Don’t call us again!” This was followed by some mumbling which I assume was Char telling them to let Sarah know I am happily married and to quit stocking me.

Sarah called twice the following day. Out of respect for Char, I didn’t return her phone calls.

14 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

Now, Ralph, I'm sure Char knows we all think you're hot! But out of respect for her, WE don't call.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Ralph! When I read this I couldn't help but laugh. I called Bobbie and told her "You have to read Ralph's entry." After much discussion on our parts. We decided that you are "hot". Don't tell Char we said so. lol. Lisa

5:59 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Isn't wonderful that two women are after you, or is it?

6:17 PM  
Blogger Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much said...

Man, you are HOT !
I have seen you in your undies !

7:11 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I love you too Ralph. Not in a 'prisoner' kind of way but, you know, like a brother. And I will keep calling.
No seriously, could you give Sarah my number. I'll tell her I'm your twin and show her your picture.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought it would be fun to live in a swing state and have politicians actually care about my vote. As it is, if we want to see a political add, we have to go to YouTube. But, having Sarah call every day would get old rather quickly!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Terah
It's not. You might want to read this http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17848537/detail.html
It says barack is running 294 ads per day and McCain is running 55. That is 15 ads an hour. That does not include phone calls, door to door visits, and all the freakin junk mail.
Ralph

6:32 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

What's with you guys? It's a good thing you didn't get the fortune my spouse did. Char would have to call the cookie company. I'm thinking about it myself.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

You are a chick magnet Ralph. No doubt about it!

I'll be glad when it's over. I get those automated calls all the time from the local/state folks that are running. Never a call from Sarah. I must not rate like you do!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny, Ralph! ~ Deb

1:27 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I haven't had a single election call. Probably because I'm unlisted. My feelings aren't hurt, but if Sean Connery were running for office, any office, I would like to hear from him. I may not vote for him but I would like to hear from him.
I hope Sarah and your wife become good friends Ralph.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

You had best take care Ralph, Sarah might have you in her sights.... just ask a moose how that feels.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Happy Halloween!!!!

Sarah is stalking you by phone.
She must REALLY like you a LOT!!

Char is probably thinking about running for office now.

:-)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Ralph,
You still got it! Don't show Sarah the picture of you in curlers though.

It is really not that fun living in a swing state. I hang up on both parties when they call. But I did say F*** Off to Obama once before I hung up. But then again, I do that when most charities call too.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home