Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sunday Funnies

Two priests died and met Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter said, "I'd like to get you guys in now, but our computer is down. You'll have to go back to Earth for a week, but you can't go back as priests. So what else would you like to be?"

The first priest says, "I've always wanted to be an eagle, soaring above the Rocky Mountains."

"So be it," says St. Peter, and off flies the first priest.

The second priest thinks for a moment and asks, "Will any of this week 'count'?"

"No, the computer's down there is no way to keep track of what you're doing."

"In that case," says the second priest, "I want to be a stud."

"So be it," says St. Peter, and the second priest disappears.

The computer is fixed and the Lord tells St. Peter to recall the two priests. "Will you have any trouble locating them?" asks the Lord.

"The first one is easy," says St. Peter. "He's somewhere over the Rockies, flying with the eagles. But the second one may be difficult."

"Why?" asked the Lord.

"He's on a snow tire, somewhere in North Dakota."

10 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Haha!! What a disappointment for him!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

That's funny! You always make me chuckle with your jokes.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Totally funny! It reminds me of the Garth Brooks song where he has to decide what he loved best on earth. While he's trying to decide between cowgirls and horses, he gets reincarnated as a "Cowgirl's Saddle." Cute song.
Good joke, R.

10:54 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

Great joke, Ralph.
A priest I knew told me that old priests turn to either the bottle or the books. Never mention eagles or studs.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I think it would be awesome to fly over the Rockies at close rang and see things as "the crow flies." I just love the Rockies.

8:38 AM  
Blogger possum said...

I don't know what made me laugh harder - the stud or your phone calls from Sarah.
By the way, have you heard the call the guys in Canada made to Palin pretending to be the French Pres? SOOOOOOOOOO embarrassing!
Thank god we can laugh.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Well, I've heard that joke but it's still funny. I had not heard about Garth Brooks reincarnation as a saddle and I did not hear about a pretend call from the French President. We learn a lot of good information on blogs.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

What a great joke! That is really funny and put a smile on my face! Thanks for the smile!!!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I thought you were going to say the second priest wanted to stay a priest, if the week wouldn't count. I didn't see that one coming.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home