Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sunday Funnies

A millionaire wanted to take his money to heaven when he died, so he talked to God about it beforehand. He told God that he had lived a good life and all he wanted was to bring a little of his fortune with him. God finally agreed, but told the millionaire he was limited to one suitcase.

The millionaire decided to make the most of it. He compared every kind of currency available to get the largest amount possible into one suitcase. Finally, he decided the best he could do was to exchange his money for gold.

He died and arrived at Heaven's gate where he met St. Peter. St Peter asked him what was in the suitcase. The millionaire told St. Peter that God had given him permission to bring some of his fortune with him, as long as he could fit it into one suitcase.

St. Peter replied this was most unusual and he would have to look inside the suitcase before the man would be allowed into heaven. The millionaire opened the suitcase and St. Peter stared at the contents while saying, "Pavement? You brought pavement!”

9 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

This is a good one!!! It made me think of what I'd like to take to heaven with me. First I thought of my kids, then my puppies and thirdly my computer!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

One of my favorites. It looks good when you tell it.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

I used to have a little Lane Cedar Chest with a lock and key. Inside were my miniature ceramic people. It was my plan to take them to heaven with me someday I had forgotten about them until now.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I loved it Ralph!! Never heard this one before!

I loved your last post. Very well said!!

I hope you and Char have a wonderful Merry Christmas!!!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Yep, I knew it was coming......Streets of gold..

1:04 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I hadn't heard that one. Good one Ralph. I'll get some mileage from that.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

A new (to me) joke, that's something of a rarity Ralph, thanks.

Hope your Christmas is all you want it to be!!!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, and I didn't even see it coming! ~ Deb

5:37 PM  
Blogger Shady Gardener said...

Thank you for that laugh!!! I'd never heard it before, and now I need to pass it along!! :-)

I've been enjoying your Christmas memory/stories.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home