Thursday, May 06, 2010

Taking On The Cowboy

When I do the cooking class at the assisted living center there is a lady employed there who is assigned to help me. Her main role is to watch over the residents and to inform me of any food allergies and let me know who can eat what we made and who can’t. The way she interacts with the residents is amazing, she really has a gift.

I was getting things ready, residents were starting to arrive, and the lady walk in and said, “Well, Ralph, you are becoming quite popular. You beat out Cowboy Bob.”

The look on my face must have said it all because she laughed and went on to explain that Cowboy Bob shows up once a month with his guitar and sings country western songs. He is really quite popular. But the residents who had a choice wanted to attend cooking class.

I think it was the fact they knew we were going to have ice cream.

10 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

Sounds to me as if you and Cowboy Bob should get together. If you come on the same day, I'm sure the cowboy would enjoy some ice cream too.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Yep, I'd take the ice cream before the cowboy, too.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Our grandson Ian would say you are being too braggy:) Oh well, if you've got it (ice cream) flaunt it.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

None of this surprises me Ralph. I've drive 600 miles to watch you cook before so why wouldn't these folks drive down the hall to see you.
One tip...If you get a tv show from this and they have an overhead camera... wear a cap.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Better hope that he doesn't decide to use his pistols. If it comes to a showdown, your ice cream scooper won't be much help!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

In Nebraska: Drive=Driven
They're interchangeable.

6:58 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Bwahahaha. Cliff cracks me up - "Wear a cap.". Your class must be fun!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Cowboy is going to have to start bringing in food. He needs a spy to see what you're doing.

I'm surprised Cliff didn't say I have drove. That is what Mrs. Valeder taught me, I think she taught Cliff too.
..
BTW, Adi and I visit an assisted living home too. Not even food can get ahead of a cute beagle dog with her good looking trainer.
..

4:58 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Ice cream trumps cowboys every time--even among cowboys.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home