Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grandpa's Here !

Taylor Lynn was born about a month ago and shortly after her birth Char went out to help. I could have gone but would have added very little to the experience of coming home from the hospital except perhaps a little drama. However, within a couple of weeks, Taylor Lynn was on the phone and the conversation went like this, “Hello Grandpa, when are you coming out to see me?” Not wanting to disappoint her I told her Grandma and I would be out soon. Walking into her room, she got this look on her face that summed it up, “Hey everybody! Grandpa’s here!”
Taylor Lynn and I spent a lot time doing this. Neither of us got tired of it.

But, all good things have to come to an end. I told Taylor Lynn we would be leaving and she burst into tears while asking, “Grandma, grandpa, why do you have to leave?”
I told her we would be back soon – I’m sure we will.

14 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Good stuff Ralph. A real cutie. Takes after Mom and Grandma. I cant see any Ralph in her but I suppose that's because she has hair.

11:48 AM  
Blogger possum said...

What a blessing! Lucky You, Lucky Baby!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

She's so beautiful, and articulate! *G*

1:41 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

What a cute story Ralph!!
That little Taylor Lynn is a little doll baby. I hope you can get back to see her soon. Nothing like holding a sweet baby.

6:05 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Ralph ~ TOO TOO TOO CUTE! ~ j///b

6:16 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Love that photo of her on the phone. Typical little girl.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Ralph, you are such a lucky man! What a beautiful grandaughter! I especially loved the picture of you holding her!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

That was a lovely post and it actually made me cry -- especially the picture of you holding the sleeping Taylor. So sweet.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow Ralph, she can talk already and everything!! Must take after you, right?? Haha! She is adorable! I loved the photos and especially the one of you holding her. She has you around her little finger already, just as she should have!! I'm sure Char is in the same boat as well!

It's hard to believe she's already a month old!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Tiffany/DOR said...

Dad-since everyone loved the picture of you holding her maybe you should post one of the other 299 that you took in three days.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Congratulations again, Ralph. You came up with a winner again! I am glad she wanted you to come out to be with her!
..
BTW, most little girls are born with telephones on their ears. I know Taylor Lynn was. Bet her mama and grandmom were too.
..

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor Lynn is a precious little beauty!! Congrats to you all on this new addition to your family!!!!

Taylor is a terrific name, and we liked it so much, we named our second born Taylor. Taylors are funny, smart, and all around great kids. You can expect lots of joy from your little Taylor! :-)

2:16 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

She is gorgeous! Is she signed up for a basketball team yet?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Kallare said...

How adorable is that photo with the telephone, extremely cute.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home