Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reflections Not Resolutions

Well, it’s the last day of the year, hard to believe that 2006 is almost behind us. I know many people use this time to make resolutions for the upcoming year – I never have done that. I would rather use this time to reflect on what has happened during the past 365 days. Here are a few of the highlights:

* last Spring I drove Orchard Mesa road near Palisade. I can still see and smell the apple trees blooming.

* took up golf and the kids getting me a set of golf clubs for Father’s Day.

* in May, I went to a conference in Nebraska. The conference was okay but I really enjoyed stopping to see Dan and Julie on the way out and then Cliff and Marilyn on the way back.

* Char’s graduation when she received her Master’s degree.

* Tiffany’s graduation from college in December.

* Nate and I finishing our golf lessons.

* the visit from Dan and Julie. Yes, golf was involved.

* driving Tiff out to Chicago so she could finish school.

* losing and then finding my cell phone at O’Hara International Airport.

* wine nights with Bobby and Tina.

* playing golf with Tiffany.

* playing lots of golf with Nate.

* getting beat at golf by my eight-year-old friend – Geno.

* playing golf with Bobby.

* the vacation Char and I took to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, and Capital Reef. That was a great vacation.

* attending the Morrow wedding in Lincoln.

* after the wedding, driving back to Denver to drop Char off, going back to Lincoln for a meeting where I became really, really sick. (Not all reflections are good).

* getting my first book “published”.

* having Tiffany's friend, Jason, come visit. We spent a couple of hours in the car telling each other jokes just to discover the place we were trying to visit was closed.

* doing the Palisade wine tour with Char and her high school friends. That too was a great trip.

* spending Thanksgiving at the Morrow’s farm and having the book signing.

* celebrating another anniversary with Char.

* Dan Morrow and his surprise visit. (Actually, it wasn’t a surprise I just got the weekends mixed up).

* celebrating Christmas a little differently this year.

* reading the posts of all my blogging friends and appreciating the comments you left on mine.

All said 2006 was a pretty good year.

Here is wishing you and yours a Happy New Year!

11 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

No resolutions here either. I make my changes throughout the year as issues come up rather than wait for New Year's Eve. NYE resolutions seem to rarely stick anyway.

I love this list of yours Ralph. So much nicer and more meaningful.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Glad that you too reflect on the past year and look foward to making new memories! I made a few new memories in my oven this year! I may borrow your idea and write a post about my reflections! Glad to have gotten to know you will be one of them! Happy New Year to you and yours! Enjoy that Grad party next weekend! Give DOR a big hug from Long Island!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Nora said...

Happy New Year.
You had a great 2006--imagine all of the fun 2007 will bring!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

2006 was a good year Ralph. I enjoyed reading your reflections! You accomplished a lot of things and had some fun trips. Plus your family accomplished a lot too! This year you didn't have to fight a bear to protect your wife! :)

Here's hoping that 2007 holds more great adventures, fun trips, blessings, and joy!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not into resolutions either. It's a way of life to live fully.
Throughly enjoyed your list except for reading that you had been so ill.
Happy New Year 2007 to you and yours, Ralph!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Happy New Year!!
You\'ve had a good year, except for the really sick part. It is obvious that golf is now firmly part of your life. I wish you many hours of splendid weather for golf, and good low scores to go with it.
I\'m glad that hat from the previous post has been discarded. FUNNY!!
You also wrote that you are sick of winter. We\'ve had only rain, and it really hasn\'t been that cold. Even still, I am a fan of warm weather, and I will be happy when spring springs.
Enjoy 2007 to the fullest!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

i hope 2007 brings just as many if not more great memories!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I just realized that a lot of your good memories are my good memories. Thanks for including the Morrow's in your life my friend.
Now, let's get after 2007.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Happy New Year Ralph! That is a good idea doing the 'reflections' thing. Sometimes I put those in Christmas cards, I didn't get it done this year.

If you ever got out over/under/or around the first snow, how is this one treating you?
We will be in the 70s Friday and Saturday. Got frosty this morning though.
..

9:24 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

Great List!!!!
What a year!!!
Happy New Year!!
I have missed you..
xtra hugs

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

2:13 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Back attcha, Ralph. Have a GREAT 2007.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home