Friday, December 22, 2006

Digging Out

You might have heard we got some snow in Denver. Twenty–seven inches on my driveway to be exact. The back deck, where it drifted, has even more. I spent yesterday shoveling the driveway. Today I cleared a path to the cul-de-sac. Another day or two I might even be able to get a car out.

Tiffany is coming home tonight. They opened the airport at noon today. My neighbor and friend with a four-wheel drive is taking me to the airport to pick her up. I had to bribe him with a pot of beef and noodles. Okay, I didn’t bribe him he offered and I just thought the beef and noodles would be a good way to repay him.

Well here we are a few days away from Christmas. No gifts have been bought, no stocking stuffers purchased and we are stuck at home. Tomorrow I will venture out on foot in search of the perfect Christmas gifts.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I heard about all that snow on the Weather Channel. I wondered if it got you too, since I wasn't sure how close you are to Denver. Hope DOR makes it safely home and you will all be together at Christmas. She can help shovel snow!! :) Make her some beef and noodles! teehee

Seriously though, take it easy shoveling all that snow. Rest frequently. I reckon y'all will have a white Christmas!! We will not unless you share your snow with us!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,
They mentioned your hometown on the Weather Channel. What a crappy way to get mentioned on the news. At least y'all know how to operate a shovel there. I just got back from Oklahoma after their blizzard. Scary.

Don't strain your back!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

The snow you've gotten made the news here more than once. Good luck with getting everything accomplished!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Ralph, the best gift you all can give each other is each other! I am glad to hear that Tiffany is going to get home and be with you guys for Christmas, not stuck in the airport in CHicago! Go shopping with each other after Christmas, the roads will be clearer, the lines shorter, and you may actually get to buy things that each of you will like! Merry Christmas, sorry about the snow!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Some storm!!! Sorry.

Well, while you're hunkered down, I just wanted to stop by and wish you and Char a Merry Christmas. I've enjoyed reading your blog this year.

Paul

7:30 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Ralph, left you another post! I guess now both our readers will talk.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Look at the bright side. Snowed in for days with your wife. Getting to know each other again with this forced stoppage of activities and work.
And again I say, a beautiful wife to keep you company. Right Char. Char, CHAR... has anyone seen Char??

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home