Monday, December 04, 2006

Where's Char?

I have trouble sleeping especially when I travel. And unfortunately, I travel a lot. Some people think it is because I'm in a strange room, some believe it because of a strange bed, and others have even accused the poor little pillow. While all those might contribute to the cause, they are not the reason.

A few days ago, I once again discovered the truth. I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed Char wasn’t in bed. I laid there a few minutes waiting for her to return – she didn’t. That’s when I got worried. I threw off the blankets and left the warm bed to go look for her.
I peeked in the bathroom – she wasn’t there. I looked in her office – not there. I walked downstairs and looked in the living room – no Char. Then into the family room – empty. I was in the kitchen when I realized she was in Atlanta. I had taken her to the airport earlier that day. In fact, I even took this picture.

I went back to bed and tried to sleep. Of course, it's hard to sleep when you’re chuckling.

Guess I don’t sleep well when she travels either.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

It's started already. We'll make a note in your chart.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Nora said...

That is so sweet!
I hope you get to take a nap today.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

No matter where Char is, I'm sure you always feel that all your eggs are in one basket.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ahh...that is sweet Ralph. I'm sure she misses you as well! Great picture too.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

You missed her so much that you slipped into denial. That's love for you! *G*

11:55 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Where's Char? Maybe she's with Waldo. Everyone keeps asking about him too.

5:49 PM  
Blogger EV said...

I sure Char misses you also, Ralph.

5:08 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

i so love that!!! that is so great that you just miss her so much. i hope some day my hubby can say the same thing. right now he loves it when i don't come to bed. lol i guess i may hog the bed some times. lol

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home