Saturday, November 18, 2006

Cancelled Meetings

I had just left one meeting and was driving to another when my cell phone rang. The conversation went like this:

Me: This is Ralph.
John: Ralph this is John. Say do you really feel like meeting this afternoon?
Me: John, I am on my way down there. But, whatever works for you.
John: Well, it’s Friday afternoon and I'm taking all of next week off. Would it be okay if we met after Thanksgiving?
Me: John, that’s perfect. Have a good Thanksgiving, I’m going to go play golf.

Rarely, and I do mean rarely, does this conversation ever take place. But, it did last Friday. I had an afternoon meeting cancelled and the only thing I had waiting for me at the office was a stack of budget sheets that I had no desire to dive into before a weekend.

I called my son Nate, and my neighbor to see if they would like to go play golf. They did.

I had my annual physical earlier in the week and while I wasn’t sure I want to go play golf the Doctor encouraged me to do so because it was a good form of exercise. (Okay, that “I wasn’t sure I want to go play golf” was a lie).

I called the golf course for a tee time and the first thing I got was a recorded message that informed me because of cool weather conditions the ‘proper attire restrictions” have been lifted.

I got a tee time for 2:03. At 2:00, we walked on to a golf course we practically had to our selves. The weather was warm, the sky was blue, the golf course was almost empty, and I was out on a Friday afternoon playing golf with my son and a good friend.

Does life get any better than that?

7 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Two things:
1. No. It will under no circumstances, get any better than that.
2.Are you playing the ball forward in your stance...or have you already hit it.

3:30 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Ummm Ralph, did you notice that you and the pine needle bear from the last post have the exact same stance?

At least you have no (visible, anyway) wardrobe malfunctions.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

It could get better if you won the lottery and then you could quit work and golf more often with your son and neighbor!! Heck, you could buy your own golf course! Then you could make all the rules. How's that sound?

I'm glad you had a great day of golf Ralph. Looks like a mean swing you have!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Ralph, glad that you did some recreating! An afternoon off from work to spend time with special people, not better than that, can't think of anything! Have a happy thanksgiving, express that to all of your family!

5:01 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Still LOL at Cliff's comment. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Oh My, Cliff's comment hit me square between---- hahahahah.)
Ralph, that's a terrific to have a surprise relaxation day of fun!
Best wishes for a terrific Thanksgiving to you and yours!
(As I wrote on Cliff's blog, sorry I moved sites. I'm back at blogspot and staying put!)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I don't know if it gets better or not, but if there's a way I hope it happens for you. :0)

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home