Monday, October 30, 2006

What They Don't Teach

This is a picture of DOR (daughter of Ralph) and FOR (friend of Ralph). FOR actually has a name - Jason. Jason has come out to visit a few times and we get along exceptional well. He laughs at my jokes, I laugh at his, and both of us are told we have a "weird" sense of humor – whatever that is.

DOR and FOR have a lot in common. They go to the same college in Chicago. They both are great basketball players. They both have torn their ACL. They both work or have worked with younger kids (yes, DOR and FOR you are still young enough for me to refer to you as kids).

I knew I would like FOR the first time he came to Denver and I had to pick him up at the airport. For days, I had bugged him by calling just to let him know how irate I get if my name is spelled wrong and that it does not have an “f” at the end. I wanted it spelled right on the sign he was to hold up so I could recognize him. There he was with a sign and of course had my name spelled totally wrong.

This is the only picture I had of DOR and FOR in a costume. I hope it is not how they dress up at Halloween. I really don’t want to say, “All that money on a college education and they still haven’t taught you at Halloween leave the guns at home and take a large bag for candy.”

6 Comments:

Blogger 1 plus twins said...

too funny. seems like a great kid. but like you said they don't get the concept of halloween. they need the pillow case to get as much candy to give us adults to "check" to make sure all the candy is ok!! lol

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me and DOR recently took a one day, one hour crash course in proper attire for halloween. It was called halloween for dummies 101. we will send you a picture of what we learned real soon.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Yup, you're a good match when it comes to humor! *G*

Are you sure they're not taking the guns to hijack the candy of other young adults out trick-or-treating? ;0)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

This is actually a picture of your daughter and a friend of hers. So that would make him fodor to you. If he has become your friend he could also be referred to as FOR.
Anyway, maybe one or the other can get Ralph to take off that silly halloween mask he's been wearing for all these years.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Now Cliff, that wasn't a nice comment at all about Ralph wearing a mask all these years! Just don't pay no attention to him Ralph!!

I'm sure that DOR and FOR had a nice Halloween and dressed appropriately.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I think you did it wrong. You are supposed to meet the plane holding the sign [saying RALF?], not Jason.
Then he will know who you are and come to you.
At least that's the way we do it in Texas. Paris too, except the person's sign said our name.
..

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home