Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Almost. . .

While in Lincoln, I was able to play golf with a lot of the Morrow clan. We played two days on two very different courses. I had the opportunity to play golf with Les, Jon, Ed, Cliff, Tom, Dan, and Justin. Everyone was pretty patient with my “ability”. That really didn’t surprise me mainly because we are talking about the Morrow’s. They are pretty accepting of whatever is going on.

I did stand in awe the first day when I played in a foursome with Les, John, and Ed. More than once I watched them make some spectacular shots and just stood there thinking to myself, “Someday, that is how I want to play golf.” They gave me some pointers but more importantly a whole lot of encouragement to keep playing. I had a lot of fun with that group.

The next day I was teamed up Cliff, Dan, and Justin. Seems like everyone had to do a little penance and be teamed up with me. While in this group, I saw a spectacular shot. It was made by Dan. On the sixth hole at Woodland Hills golf course, Dan missed a hole in one by inches. Three inches to be exact. It was truly a great shot. Although this picture is not the best, if you look real hard you can see a big smile on Dan’s face.

Just another time in Lincoln where I said, “Someday, that is how I want to play golf.”

11 Comments:

Blogger Raggedy said...

Almost does not count..teehee
cept in horse shoes, hangranades, and sometimes sex.....hahaha
It looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Keep on golfing....
I have a golf vid you might like.
It is only 30 seconds long but you will like it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE7m2FRVmrM

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Cool Raggedy one

10:38 AM  
Blogger EV said...

What a GREAT time! Sounds fun. I think we can all look back on the feeling you described - and before you know it you're saying, "Now I ARE one" :-)

4:50 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I sure am glad you had fun Ralph and got to get in some golfing with the Morrow clan, especially after the cell phone being lost and all.

Dan does indeed look happy. I would be too making a shot like that.

You'll be a "pro" before you know it!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Ralph, you shouldn't publis pics like that. He'll get a big head. It was a great shot tho.

9:05 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

sounds like you had a great time. where are the pictures of you playing??

11:04 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I once had my ball stop just 3" from the cup. Of course, it took me about 8 shots to get it there...

5:38 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ralph, you're making it seem as though I know what I'm doing. It took me 2 years of a lot of golf to get that lucky of a shot. Or maybe you're my good luck charm.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

That golf was your reward for working at the wedding?
Raggedy, "almost" counts for a nice birdie for Dan--one less than par.
I'm like Paul, on my fourth or fifth putt I can get that close.

I'm glad you enjoyed that golf outing.
..

12:00 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Haha to the video! I rather enjoyed that. :)

Ralph, you'll get your golf on here soon - no doubt there's a Tiger Woods just lurking behind that exterior of yours.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I think I would be good at golf because I just saw the movie called The Greatest Game Ever Played. The golf pro said to hold the club like you are holding a baby bird, just tight enough for it to not get away and just soft enough not to kill it.
If that's all it takes to be a good golfer then I can do THAT!

It would be great if you took lessons without them knowing it, and really improved your game. You could really shock them!!

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so close! (at least to this non-golfer)
Looks like you (and Dan) had lots of fun.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home