Friday, November 03, 2006

Vanishing Wildlife

A year ago, we moved the office. The new office location had many benefits. We are surrounded by a lot of undeveloped land, which I like. There is plenty of parking and it’s free, a nice change from some previous locations. One thing I didn’t count on was the amount of wildlife we would have. I should have expected it since we are right next to the foothills. Often time when driving in or walking around you see a few deer.

A couple of days ago, I went for a walk and realized I had not seen a deer for quite some time. In fact, I haven’t seen any since this was installed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Aravis said...

Beautiful photo of the stags! They're obviously very intelligent, too. *G*

10:56 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Is there a connection between the two?????? Thanks for stopping by Ralph, no, the kids don't need anymore candy, they have their own bowls, we can't co mingle the candy! And we have stuff left over too, so maybe that ginger bread house I saw at the store, you know, the pre fab ones, will be a great place to use the left over!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Lovely deer Ralph. I think they are wise, since someone got the Grillmaster and put it there as a big hint! If I were a deer (or any edible creature) I'd move on too.

Do some folks grill their lunch? Why is there a grill at your workplace?? It's not usually in the benefit package, at least not in any jobs I ever had!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

When I read the title of your post, I was going to tell you the deer all came here.
I have lived near a woodsy area for over 35 years and although we have always had a few deer, they are pretty much taking over now. I have a tall fence surrounding my back yard to protect my flowers.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Aravis, everything and everybody in Colorado is obviously very intellignet.
Well, except maybe for the football teams and the baseball team and the basketball team. Hockey?
..

11:53 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I don't know what happened to my first comment but here goes again...I like your grill idea.
Have you tried one of those as a hood ornament?? Marilyn thinks they are very nice. So does Dan.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Jim- Hockey players take too many blows to the head. They might be the toughest, though. :0)

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home