Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving

First of all I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you are where you want to be, you eat just a little too much, and your team wins.

I have been traveling for the past few days for work. I took my computer with me but never turned it on. When I got home Tuesday night we had no internet service! I couldn’t check my email. Worse yet, I couldn’t check my blog. Even worse, I couldn’t check your blog.

So, there was only one thing to do – pack up the van, head east, and drive for nine hours to see if Cliff would let me on his computer. After a good dinner and a great visit he agreed to let me check my blog.

Okay, I have been traveling for the past several days and had no internet service when I got home. But, Cliff and Marilyn had extended an invitation for us to have Thanksgiving dinner with them on the farm awhile back.

Today, Char spent the day listening to me say things like:
“I can’t believe we are driving nine hours for a free meal.
“I can’t believe we are driving nine hours for home made dressing.”
“Marilyn’s pie better be really good if we are driving for nine hours to get a slice of it.”
“We are traveling 600 miles, one way, because we don’t want to spend thirty-nine cents a pound for turkey.”

There were probably thirty different statements like the ones above. But, Char had one constant reply, “Ralph, shut up.”

I have a feeling we are in for another great time! Hope you are too – HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

4 Comments:

Blogger Miki said...

Ralph, don't think of it as 600 miles, think of it as time well spent with your lovely wife! Also, enjoy the time that you have with Cliff and Marilyn, they are nice people and you will have a wonderful time on the farm. Happy THanksgiving! It will be well worth the jaunt to The Morrow !

5:46 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I agree with Miki Ralph. Gee, I wondered what had happened to you since I sent you an e-mail and have gotten no reply as of yet. But I will be patient!!

Oh what fun you will have visiting with the Morrow's, plus great food as well. Enjoy it. You need the time to relax a bit, eat turkey, and maybe unbutton your pants if you have too!! :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Over the river(s) and through the wood(ses)...

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home