Sunday, January 21, 2007

Falling Temperatures

Lately I have been writing a lot about snow. Some people, like Cheyenne, like snow and want some of it. I wish it were in my power to give her some of what is piled up in my yard. I’m not greedy. I’d give her most, if not all, of it.

But it has also has brought cold temperature. Everyone got excited the other day when we warmed up to 32 degrees. Thirty-two degrees – that’s freezing. Cold temperatures and falling temperatures are nothing new this year.

Saturday morning I woke up and according to the TV the temperature outside was 13 degrees. That’s when I noticed it was also a little nippy inside the house. Our programmable thermostat read 51 degrees! That is a far cry from the toasty 70 degrees I am use to waking up with. The furnace wasn’t working.

That’s when I called my neighbor, my good friend, my golf partner. Did I happen to mention he owns a heating and air conditioning business?

Ralph: Bobby my furnace isn’t working.
Bobby: I’ll be there in a minute.
Ralph: Say, there’s no hurry, whenever (Yes, I was lying)
Bobby: I’ll be there in a minute.

About a minute later, Bobby was at my door. Now this is where the story gets good. He took the panel off my furnace, looked at it for about thirty seconds, then within a minute he had it going again. I’m not kidding! It took less than three minutes to look in there see the problem and fix it. That is what I call expertise.

I have always appreciated people with that kind of expertise in their chosen field. But I can tell you first hand, when the temperature is rapidly falling inside your house you REALLY appreciate it.

On another note, it is snowing again. We already have about six inches and it is still snowing hard. This is the fifth weekend in a row it has snowed.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard you are thinking about moving out here. It has been about 10 degrees for a few days and it is snowing here today as well, on a high note, we did take care of the draft in the apartment.
Come on over if you want. I'm not sure you will like it here either though.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

we finally got snow here Ralph, it's not that bad!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

DOR - How do you live in that heat? Glad you finally took care of that draft.
Dan - Yes, yes it is.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Would you mind if I shipped my brother to you? He's a snowboarder in desperate need of snow as we've had next to none this year. He'd be a pain in your backside while around, but he wouldn't be around much... *G*

12:57 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Instead of doing rain dances you must be doing snow dances Ralph!

How nice that your neighbor is a heating and AC guy and that you are friends with him! Not a good time for the heat to go off. I'm glad he was able to repair it so easily.

Keep warm Ralph and get the new shovel out. Looks like you got it just in time. And QUIT doing those snow dances for heaven's sake!!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Rachel, I think Ralph's been doing snow angels. And yes I'd pay money to see a picture of that.
I'm sure you didn't get charged for the fix but now you owe him a case of wine.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

We haven't had a speck of snow or ice so far, and that is a-okay with me.
I'm not a fan of cold weather. Give me sunshine!!

I hope your temps warm up and your snow melts away.
I would nearly die without my heater and my electric blanket. Well, maybe not DIE. :)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

That is some fast fixing.
I am glad you got your heat back on.
Enjoy the snow!
32 would be a heat wave here.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

11:21 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

*Yawn* ...I'm still waiting.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Sorry about all of the snow, Ralph, hope that the temps rise inside as well as outside!
You have been tagged, go to my blog and see! Sorry, I had to! I put you in the comment section, because I didn't follow the rules!

5:51 AM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

hope your house is warming up!! sorry to hear about all the snow. i hate snow and that is why i moved to az but take a look at my post. lets just say i am not a happy camper right now!!

8:22 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Thank goodness for great neighbors!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hey Ralph, got any snorkeling pictures you can share?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Ok, I can tell you about our mist and little drizzle. Actually we are about 16 degrees below normal this week. 50s and 40s are a little on the cool side.
I'm glad you told about your neighbor and the furnace, we should call the propane company tomorrow.
..

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home