Saturday, September 04, 2010

Sunday Funnies

A priest, a minister and a guru sat discussing the best positions for prayer, while a telephone repairman worked nearby.

"Kneeling is definitely the best way to pray," the priest said.

"No," said the minister. "I get the best results standing with my hands outstretched towards Heaven."

"You're both wrong," the guru said. "The most effective prayer position is lying down on the floor."

The repairman could contain himself any longer. "Hey, fellas," he interrupted. "The best praying I ever did was when I was hanging upside down from a telephone pole."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Good one, Ralph. That would be most of our favorite prayer positions I suppose if we were hanging head down from up high.

I enjoyed your write-up on De Smet, SD. Mom was born 160 miles west in Presho, SD.
..

8:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Cute one Ralph!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Yep, it is amazing how good we can pray when we are scared enough!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

My best prayers are the one-word ones (usually "HELP!") blurted out halfway between the saddle and the ground.
I almost made it to De Smet last summer, but ended up in Jamestown, ND instead. Still want to visit De Smet, tho, and the Terry Redlin museum in Watertown.

1:14 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Ralph ~ Actually... Mrs. LZ has been asking me to take her to see this place too. But I am not going to tell her that you took Char there. ~ jb///

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home