Saturday, April 16, 2011

Viruses

There are a lot of viruses going around lately. When Char and I got back from our trip I had caught a virus and had to miss a week with the cooking group at the nursing home. Then for the next two weeks a very contagious stomach virus was running its course through the nursing home. It was recommended all volunteers stay away. I did.

To make matters worse my computer caught a virus. I had to take my computer into the doctor where it spent several days in the intensive care unit. I’m amazed how I have come to depend and rely on my computer and how helpless I feel when I cannot access e-mail or check blog sites. Yet, the computer doctor came through and my computer recovered – at least until the next ‘strain’ hits.

Hope everyone out there is staying healthy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Peruby said...

Ugh! I hear ya! I think we had one of the strains that you speak of here at the Peruby household.

Computer virus? Nasty, just nasty!

4:39 AM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Two viruses at the same time? Now that's just not right! ~ j///b

3:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

The viruses have been rampant this year, as so many people have had one thing or the other. I'm glad you are still cooking! Glad you are well again. My computer has died twice this year. I lost everything and just about the time I found it all again, it died again, with the same results. Now I'm finding everyone again and keeping my fingers crossed!! I did indeed miss my computer so bad while it was ill. Sad what we've come to isn't it! LOL

9:53 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Now, not only are you a sick individual,...but your computer was too. Stay well now R. We need more of your cake and ice cream.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lanny said...

Yay for the computer doctor. My computer needs a doctor, or better yet, an undertaker, I think a computer doctor would just laugh at me if I came through the door with my sad lap top, lid doesn't stay open, it bursts into flames (or at least it feels like it ought to), monitor is all red streaked, but I'm a cheapskate - no wait, I'm married to one, so the computer gets propped up and we just keep muddlin' along.

As far as human health - we're doin' okay, so far.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

One of my sick computers had a lid that didn't stay open or it opened all the way! The doctor said to prop it up until it's end of life which was likely near.

We keep virous's away at our house by giving each other shots. The computer occasionally gets one too if we have too many of our shots.

Hope you all get well soon!
..

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

So to hear about all the viral infections. Nasty things they are!
I'm glad you are better and your computer is well again.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

The computer virus is the one that makes me feel the most pain! Love turning my woes over to Cyberdefender! It is expensive, but not really in the long run.

4:49 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Glad you are feeling better.
My antique computer needs to be replaced... I don't think a visit to the 'puter doc will do it.
STAY WELL!

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home