Friday, December 28, 2012

Sunday Funnies

The Baptist church had a small congregation of very faithful people – except for one man who had quit coming to church. The Pastor went to his farm, and asked him why he didn't attend anymore. "Gee, Brother, I only have these coveralls and old boots, and I don't want to come to the Lord's house dressed like this."

The Pastor said, "I've have a spare shirt, sports coat, slacks and shoes I'll give you if you'll come back!"

The man agreed, and the Pastor came back that afternoon with the clothes. The following Sunday the man didn’t show up for church.

The Pastor went out to the farm and asked, "I gave you all those clothes, why didn't you come to church?"


"Well, brother," the man said, "I got up and showered and shaved, and I put on those neat duds, and I looked in the mirror. I looked so darn good I went to the Episcopal church instead!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Granny Annie said...

Love it. That was funny. However, dear Ralph, it isn't Sunday. Are you okay?

3:22 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Funny!

But I can think back to the way we used to dress up to go to church and what I see now on Sunday mornings as I go past the churches here in town. I know, I have been told God doesn't care how we look, but I have a sneaking suspicion He does want us to at least smell clean! (But I may be wrong!)

6:46 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Granny Annie - Truth of the matter is I lost track of time. All Friday afternoon I was walking around thinking it was Saturday and I needed to get a Sunday Funny posted. Didn't realize I was a day ahead of myself until I read your comment.

Possum - Back when our kids were young I remember us getting up and getting everyone dressed for church. I didn't always wear a suit to church sometime just slacks, and a shirt and tie. Now days I often wear jeans and a sweater. Don't know what caused the change. I have to agree with you about the clean part.
Ralph

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lanny said...

That was a funny Funny.

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Andrew said...

Haha. Very funny. Keep them coming.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home