Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Forty-Five Degree Rule

Last Friday I spent the night with Dan and Julie in Lincoln. That is when I taught Dan the 45-degree rule.

We had gone out and had a great time with Dan and Julies friends. Back at the house, Julie and both the kids went to bed. Dan and I went to the basement to watch a movie. Dan said he had seen part of it before and it was pretty funny.

Now you have to understand two things about watching TV with Dan. They have one of those televisions that can revival a movie theater. It is a large TV. Secondly, they have the most comfortable recliner I have ever been in. When you put those two factors together and the 45-degree rule comes into play. Put me at a 45-degree angle and turn on the television I will fall asleep – immediately.

Early the next morning Dan said the beginning of the movie was really funny. He was laughing and turned to see why I wasn’t when he noticed my eyes were closed. He also said the snoring didn’t bother him that much – he had the remote and could adjust the volume.

Next time I’ll watch it standing up.

10 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

There isn't much that can keep me awake either. Fun visit Ralph. Thanks!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My mother and MIL do the same thing.
Neither one of them can make it through a movie.

I hope you had a good rest!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Volume control is right, I had to turn it UP to drown out the snoring!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

To change the subject, how many good Nebraska trees did you bring back to plant?
Besides eating, snoring, and visiting, it was a working trip(?), at least you said that when you left.
..

3:58 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

ha ha that is too funny. my father n law is the same way.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Susie Hovendick Chan said...

No need for an expensive vacation. Just a TV and a forty-five degree angle'll rest you up good.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

The more I think about this, the more I realize that my husband lives by the same rule. Funny! *G*

11:17 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Sounds like me, but substitute "book" for "TV"...

6:23 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Glad you got some rest Ralph! You were probably tired from all that driving and good food!

Dan makes it sound like you snore really loud!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

LOL - We just bought Greg a new recliner - really big and fluffy like a few gigantic green marshmallows stuck together. He's not made it through a 1 hour TV show YET.

Powerful combination. :)

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home