Sunday, April 27, 2008

BREAKING NEWS

Saturday was SORSO’s (Son Of Ralph’s Significant Other) birthday. Below is a picture taken on the big day. Two things should be obvious.
First, SOR (Son of Ralph) is either down on his knee OR he is a midget. Secondly, they are both staring at her hand.

Yes, that’s right SOR and SORSO were engaged on Saturday! SOR called me before the big event and the conversation went something like this.

SOR: Well, I have talked to her brother and to her Dad and they like the idea. Do you want to try to talk me out of this?
ME: (My first thought was - now why would I try to talk you out of a good thing? But, I went with the more traditional answer.) I’ve quit trying to talk you into or out of anything.

We both laughed. SOR’s laugh was a little more nervous than mine.

Later that night I got a text message from SOR. It read, “Done deal we are engaged.”

So, that’s when all the anxiety kicked in. Plans had to be made – not my problem. Dates have to be set – not my problem. People have to notified – not my problem. Names have to be changed – that’s my problem.

Hear ye, Hear ye – as of today until it changes SORSO (Son of Ralph’s Significant Other) will be known as FON (Fiancée of Nathan). This decree will remain in affect until it changes - again.

Congratulations to both of you!

18 Comments:

Blogger nora leona said...

Woo Hoo! How exciting, and weddings bring good posts. Yippee!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

A big atta boy to sor. This is great news and can I assume they'll be getting married her at blogstock??
At any rate I'll start saving money for the wedding.
Ralph, you should too.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Also, sor has great taste in women.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh now I get it!!! You nervously paced around all day yesterday NOT because two people we really love were going to get engaged, but because you had to come up with a name! How silly of me not to figure it out earlier.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Hooray!!! Congrats!!!!!
I like FON better than SORSO.
What's next? WOSOR (Wife of Son of Ralph)???

8:46 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

So happy for all of you!
How about DILOR (Daughter-in-law of Ralph)?

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Ralph! This is exciting news. Congrats!! Lisa

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Congratulations to SOR and SORSO and FON and VONAGE and AT&T. I think I got lost in the acronyms.

Way to go!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Offering many Best Wishes to the happy couple.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations to SOR and FON!!!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph, I think you've worked for the government too long!
Anyway, I'm confused. Maybe a real name or two (Nathan is one??) would help me.
..

5:24 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

jilifrotx (JIM)
Yes, yes I have.
Ralph

8:07 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Congratulations to you Ralph. You are getting a new daughter to cherish. I wish the happy couple all happiness.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Congradulations to the newly engaged couple, whatever their names are.....Let us know when the wedding will be.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't know he is a (midget)little person. I thought we were both just admiring what I call my coffee stain(birthmark) I have on my hand in the shape of a heart ! Thanks for the update I had know idea that I was engaged! Hmmmm... I can use this to my advantage one of two ways...

Well it would not be me if I did not crack a joke or two. This was a birthday I will never forget. I day that we all will share for a life time to come. I could not be more honored ,the post is wonderful. It is a great feeling to be able to share this moment with you all.

Just for the record ,I will answer to just about anything !

Thank you all !

4:02 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Congratulations to all involved!!! That's excellent news.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Congratulations! That's such great news! I knew you would be up to the challenge of renaming her, and I'm looking forward to discovering what her new name will be. *G*

10:45 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Many congrats to the kiddos!

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home