Thursday, April 24, 2008

Graduation

This is my graduation picture. Last night was graduation from my beginning swimming class.

The shirt is a graduation gift from SORSO (Son Of Ralph’s Significant Other) and SOR (Son Of Ralph). I told them at the pool I’m known as “Fish” – that might have been a slight exaggeration.

In the world of beginning swimming, I went from a tadpole to a guppy. I was hoping to skip the guppy phase and go straight to being a goldfish but . . . it was not to be. Certain body parts hinder my swimming ability. No, no. . . . it’s more like the knees, ankles, and feet. The biggest problem is the feet. I walk and stand with my feet pointed out – yeah, just like a duck. But hey, ducks like water. My teacher (all of 22 years old) told me I really need to work on strengthening my kick. In all fairness, he was a good teacher.

On a positive note, I’m the only one with a perfect attendance record. One of my classmates (the only other one that didn’t drop out) missed a class. He brought me a bottle of his homemade beer as a perfect attendance gift. He said his home brew is a lot like a traditional American beer only with a kick – there’s that word again.

Char dawned her graduation clothes, also a gift from SORSO and SOR, and the party began . . . you’ll just have to use your imagination here.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that is the best graduation picture I have ever seen.
Congratulation on your graduation!

The certain body parts hinder my swimming ability line just seem to make me laugh way to hard !!!

Remember no drinking and swimming!

Well I am off to use my imagination .... Great Post !

6:37 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Congratulations Ralph!!! Now it's Ho ho ho and a bottle of beer for you two to celebrate!!! And graduation presents are in order.
BTW you two are a nice looking couple in your new T-shirts.

Every one should know how to swim, Mrs. Jim and I both learned in college. That knowledge has come in handy for all sorts of boating activities in our lives.

Seriously, I'm starting a petition for you you to wear your Speedos (glasses and swim suit) in the 4th of July Parade if the Nebraska powers that are will allow. It won't be posted until next week sometime.

We have just returned from Ireland and back via NYC and so have missed out on a bunch of the developments.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Great graduation picture Ralph!! I'm glad you both got shirts!!

Like I told you before, better to be a fish than a rock!!

I guess with the celebrating that there was some kicking going on?

Like Jim said, learning to swim is a good thing to know.....just in case.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

A regular olympic style swimmer. Congrats to all. Kick!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Congratulations, Graduate! You still make those Speedos look good.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Were you valedictorian of your class?

Congratulations on your graduation! Nice shirts, BTW.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

What? No cap and gown? You must have a lot of self-confidence to put up pictures like those.

Anyway, congratulations.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I see you are wearing your Speedo's. I glad that you had a good learning experience with your swimming lessons. Hopefully, next time you get in the water, you will remember what you learned. Congradulations on your graduation.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Hurray! Congratulations! That's such a great accomplishment. My husband doesn't know how to swim and talks about learning; perhaps you'll be his inspiration. :0)

10:27 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

Congratulations, Ralph! Wish I could have taken the class with you. I do not know how to swim, even though I've lived near water most of my life. I really regret it, too. But guess I'm never going to do it now.
Char looks great in her shirt too!

5:39 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so excited for you.
Jim is right, you're now float material (don't you just love a good pun?).

12:07 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Those are great t-shirts.
Love the pics!!
I'm good at dog paddling. I could teach you how to do that, but I'm not very good at regular swimming.
I hope Cliff is putting in a swimming pool for Blogstock. That way you can show off your swimming skills.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home