Sunday, June 01, 2008

Bad Sunday OR Signs of Things to Come

For whatever reason neither Char nor I slept well last night. So, when we woke up a little late this morning it was no great surprise. But, a decision had to be made. Do we go to the 9:00 AM service, which we usually go to or do we go to the 10:30 service, meaning we would not have to rush around.

I voted for 10:30, I hate rushing on Sunday mornings. Char decided on the 9:00 service. The rush had begun.

The 9:00 service is good. You get in, you get out, and you have the rest of the day. The drawback is the age group, it's kind of the service for the over 50 crowd. While my body fits in quite nicely, in my head I am nowhere nearly that old.

So, we rushed around got to the 9:00 service with all the people in age group. Then to make matters worse we set in the hearing impaired section, a few people who have difficulty hearing and us - just a couple rows back from the interpreter.

Hopefully, the rest of the day goes better.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Well at least you made it to Church. I do hope you had a good Sunday.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

And did the rest of the day go better? *G*

1:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I hope the rest of the day was smooth as silk!

9:18 AM  
Blogger bobbie said...

Well, when you start in the pits, there's nowhere to go but up. Hope that worked for you.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I went to church by myself because my husband was still sick. He won't go to the doctor and he won't listen to me so I just left him at home by himself....serves him right....

Hope your day got better.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

If you've been waiting for a 'sign', you finally got it.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

You could have done like I did and gone to blog church.
..

10:09 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

My dad's hearing is beginning to go. It's been bad in one ear for some time now, but he refuses to get a hearing aid.
"That's for old people," he says.
My reply is usually, "Or for people who have bad hearing!!"
Your church needs to offer a Saturday night service for the Old in Body but Hip at Heart crowd.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home