Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hope At 10:23

Setting on the bench outside the office, I was trying to read a report. My eyes were looking at the words but my mind was drifting – not an uncommon thing. I looked at the report while listening to an airplane off in the distance.

At 10:23, the airplane flew directly overhead. Looking up I felt a small smile begin to form. The smile continued to grow as I watched the plane streak across the sky.

Seven years ago, the skies across the United States were silent – all aircraft had been grounded. Today at 10:23, a single airplane provided a sign of hope. Hope for us, our children, our grandchildren, our nation.

Today at 10:23, the skies were not silent – they had hope.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Not once since that moment have we been touched again. That has been a masterful job since then, of homeland security by a large group of folks.
Yes Ralph there is indeed hope as you point out my friend.

9:47 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

Yes, there is hope. You and I do not believe it comes from the same direction. But, please God, we will find answers in the future, because there is hope.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Ralph! I too spent time watching the skies yesterday at all the airplanes, big and small and helicopters flying in a beautiful blue sky. I am glad that our independence and freedom was not taken away from us on that tragedy day on September 11, 2001, but only served to unite us more. Yes Ralph there is hope and one should not ever give up that hope. Lisa.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I hope we are never touched that way again. Yes, there is hope!

Great post Ralph.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

It's good to see our country is resilient and that we have recovered well after that horrific day on 9-11-01. I hope we never face anything like that again.
In your next post, you said we should never forget what happened on the awful day. I agree completely, and we should never forget how we felt when it happened. It is easy to feel "safe" since we have not been attacked since, but that safe feeling could be gone in a instant. Lord protect us!

Happy Weekend to you & Char.
:-)

:-)

Oh, you asked why Taylor didn't just pee outside instead of using the Ziplock bag. Well, it was pouring rain, so he would have been soaked if he stood outside to pee.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home