Saturday, August 02, 2008

Sunday Funnies

A nun was at the airport waiting for her flight. She looked over in the corner and saw one of those machines that tells your weight and fortune. She thought to herself. "I'll give it a try just to see what it says." She put her nickel in and out came a card that read, "You're a nun. You weigh 128 lbs. You are going to Chicago."

She sat down and thought to herself, “It probably says the same thing to everyone.” She went back to the machine, put a nickel in and out came a card that said, "You're a nun. You weigh 128 lbs. You are going to Chicago. You're going to play a fiddle." The nun says to herself, "Now I know it's wrong, I have never played a musical instrument in my life." As she sat down and a man came over and placed his fiddle case next to her. The nun picked up the fiddle and starts playing beautiful music.

Startled, she looks at the machine and said, "This is incredible. I've got to try it again." In goes her nickel and out comes the card that says, "You're a nun. You weigh 128 lbs. You're going to Chicago. You are going to break wind." Now, the nun knows the machine is wrong, "I've never broke wind in public a day in my life!" Well, she tripped, fell off the scales and broke wind.

Stunned, she said to herself, "This is truly an unbelievable machine. I've got to try it one more time." She puts in a nickel and took the card. This time the card says, "You're a nun. You weigh 128lbs. You have fiddled and farted around and missed your flight to Chicago."

6 Comments:

Blogger Granny Annie said...

The story of my life! LOL

7:55 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I had to copy this and send it to lots of my contacts.
Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yes Ralph, that is exactly what I did when I missed my flight from Memphis to Omaha!! LOL I wasn't going to tell it this way, but now you have!! Thanks for the great laugh!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I read this to Marilyn and told her I hope Rachel read this and it turns out she has. Good one.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

The moral is don't mess around with scales or you will break wind one way or another and miss your flight, right?

I have never missed a plane, I don't fiddle, and I can't eat rye bread anymore if it has rye seeds. I love rye bread, why didn't you make us some for Blogstock? You know we all think you are the 'Little Red Hen!' Thanks for ALL!

Our dear friend died July 30 (2008). We had power of attorney for her everything and for her health matters. She was only 66 but had delayed too long in getting her colonoscopy.

I've been doing all posting and not much reading, excuse me please for not checking in with you sooner. My time was short (still is) and I'm not even wasting nickels on the fortune scale. :-)
..

9:29 AM  
Blogger Janell said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home