Monday, January 05, 2009

Biker Chick

Okay, I’ll admit it – I have a thing for biker chicks. Maybe it’s the thrill of the open road or perhaps the way the wind blows through their hair. I don’t know.

So, imagine my surprise when Char leaned over and gently whispered in my ear, “I really, really want a bike.” Okay, it didn’t happen like that but she did mention it in casual conversation – same thing.

Moments like these are priceless. With an anniversary, Christmas, and a birthday back to back I need all the help I can get in the gift-giving department.

Char got a water bottle and tire repair kit for Christmas. So, it only seemed right to get her a bike when we returned. We took a day and Char test rode bikes. She decided on this beauty with a handlebar bag, kickstand, and lock. We went on our first ride together in a long time.


Granted the helmet reduced the wind blowing through her hair but she is a safe good-looking biker chick.

16 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

I have to say you had me there for a minute with the biker chick. I don't know to many women that want a motorcycle or encourage their husbands to get one. My hubby had a motorcylce in his younger years before I knew hime. He always thought he would like another one. I said they were to dangerous and he said he would drive slowly. I hate my hair blowing in the wind, it messes up my hairdo!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much said...

Man that is one good looking biker chick !

I look forwrd to many more post's on this hot chick !

7:30 PM  
Blogger bobbie said...

You GO, Char!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

that is one hot biker chick!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

RFalph, a tip, get some mudgaurds on that bike, theres nothing worse than that wet sripe down her back if she gets caught in the rainm really turns a biker chick off.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Two of my B-I-Ls have big Harley bikes. I want one. Just a little one. My First Wife thinks I'm nuts, but I tell her I'm no more nuts than I was when we got married.

She always says, "Wanna bet?"

Hey, if I get one, I'll take her for a ride. Then I'll have a biker chick, too. Whatcha think?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

Fun! She even looks good in the helmet, which can be quite a feat! *G*

10:54 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Okay, yea, now I want one. I'm not even sure if I can still ride a bike. Char does look perfectly fit as a biker chick.

7:53 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Ohy, envy, envy!
What a great gift! I am sure you will both enjoy many miles on your bikes! You two are lucky to have each other!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Char looks lovely in her biker's helmet! I love the handlebar bag. I could use one of those on my bike.

Great gift Ralph! You two can enjoy riding together now!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, thank you for the family picture! Great!!!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I can't wait to see her tatoo's.
Make sure you tell her where you want to go each time since I'm sure you'll insist she goes first.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Char is one HOT biker mama!!!

:-)

Great gift. I'm sure she will enjoy it especially when the weather warms up a bit.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"On the road again!" Ah, the wind through your hair, the bugs on your teeth... you've solved the former, but what about the latter? /Deb

9:47 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

She's one chic chick!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home