Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Little Ralph's

This was the headline of the paper today. It’s startling as well as hard to comprehend. The newspaper did a good job of trying to explain how much money that is. But, I can’t envision a stack of pennies circling the earth 119 times.

I have a hard time comprehending any number with twelve zero’s behind it. So, using my big button calculator, I created my own math equation.

If I were to be cloned and each clone was paid what I am currently making there would be more than 44,778,000 “little Ralph’s” running around. To break it down even further, “little Ralph’s” could populate the state where I live ten times (a good thing if it’s an election year).

I like myself and have absolutely no doubt a few more Ralph clones sprinkled throughout the country would be a good thing. But, seriously the thought of having 44 million clones of me – well, that scares even me.

Now for the important question - do you have time to read 44,778,000 more blogs?

14 Comments:

Blogger Shady Gardener said...

nope! :-)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I have a hard time keeping up with the few blog friends that I currently have....You are complicating matters, Ralph!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Lanny said...

Ummm I think I could squeeze them in a little later. But if you're cloned would they say the same thing? Then that might get a little boring and redundt at about 21,458,000.

2:10 AM  
Blogger bobbie said...

Is this the way you amuse yourself in your spare time? If you try to keep up with today's spending, you're going to have brain freeze. It's unimaginable. :O

5:45 AM  
Blogger Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much said...

I am more worried about the reproducing. I have the first model and boy oh boy … NEED I SAY MORE !

The big button calculator is just for seeing purposes ! Not to figure out how to kill us all.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Living in a world without you is not something I care to do.
Living in a world with more than one of you is also something I don't care to do.
It's that broke the mould thing.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

No Bobbie it’s my way of trying to comprehend how much debt we are getting ready to take on. I am amazed how many people I have talked to that accept this without understanding the magnitude of it all. I wonder how my “elected” officials would like to hear from 44 million of me.
Ralph

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, one of you is plenty--don't get me wrong--love you--but one of you is plenty!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

You have the brain of a mathamatician, I don't. Not even with my calculator can I figure out something like this.

They say one of you is enough but there is another way of looking at it. When one is as great as you who needs more?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ralph, if there were that many of you, you would of had time to read the bill when they put it out for the public read in 48 hours. they said you would have to read something like 600 words per minute. It sure would be nice if there were at least two of you when you come visit!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

No, I do NOT have that much time... please don't do it! I read too many blogs as it is. ;)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I'd only have to read one. They'd all be the same... cloned! *G*

12:26 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

No more Ralph's, I can't keep up in the blogging world. Well especially when your computer is down for 2 weeks.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

A few more Ralphs would not be a bad thing. You're a good guy.
I wonder how many Jamie Dawns this world could stand?
:-)
We are being spent into oblivion!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home