Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sunday Funnies

A Pastor was in an unfamiliar town for a church conference. Wanting to see the sites of the city, he called for a taxi.

After driving around for the awhile the Pastor leaned forward and tapped the taxi driver on the shoulder to ask him a question.The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb, and stopped just inches from a large plate glass window.

For a few moments everything was silent in the cab, and then the still shaking driver said, “I'm sorry, but you scared the daylights out of me!”

The frightened Pastor apologized to the driver and said he didn't realize a mere tap on the shoulder could frighten him so much.

The driver replied, “No, no, I'm sorry, it's entirely my fault. Today is my first day driving a cab. I've been driving a hearse for the last 25 years.”

9 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Another good one R.
Got a call tonight. Company's comin round the bend. Yippee!!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Haha!! Well, I guess that would make you have that reaction!!

Cute one Ralph!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

As to your last post, I have read books with errors. It happens to the pros even! It just gives your book character and there's nothing hitonious about that!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Good story. Out of curiosity, why was the passenger a pastor?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I love when a joke makes me laugh out loud. This is a good one.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Those preachers are funny fellows!
Hardi-har-har!
..

9:28 PM  
Blogger Lanny said...

giggle giggle... wait here it comes... snort. Unexpected twist.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Good one, Ralph. Good one.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Ha, ha! I couldn't for the life of me figure out where this one was heading. Good one!!

:-)

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home