Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sunday Funnies

After being away from church for several years, an Irishman goes into the confessional box. Stepping inside he is very amazed. There is Guinness on tap along with a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates.

Then he hears the door on the other side open and the priest comes in.

"Father, forgive me," he says, "for it's been a very long time since I've been to confession. But I must admit the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be!"

To which the priest replied, "That’s because you’re on my side!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

haha!! Cute one Ralph!!

I heard you might be getting your favorite thing; SNOW??? :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Not being a Catholic I always wondered how the Priests stayed happy in that little booth all day:)

5:55 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Ha, ha! I don't blame that priest. He needs something to help him tolerate hearing people's darkest sins.

"Say ten Hail Marys my child... Lord, I need a drink!"

:-)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I never knew that. Hmmm...maybe I'll consider converting.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

That is an upgrade from the old wine rack. Or is this just for Ireland?
..
BTW, I like your digitizer. Do you lend it out?
..

5:58 PM  
Blogger possum said...

I am going to have to send this to my Catholic friends!

6:59 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

A big old hearty Irish laugh!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Lanny said...

I always wondered why Father Milner and Father Barry had smiles on their faces when they exited the confessional. I just thought it was my humorous delivery of my weekly naughties.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home