Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Complete Set

A few years ago a fast food restaurant offered Holiday glasses. You could get one with each visit throughout the holiday season and were encouraged to return often to collect the complete set. Char and I received a set or two as Christmas presents. They are nice glasses and we still have and use them.

The complete set concept evidently caught on and other businesses started doing the same thing. I was finally able to complete my set of Morrow Kennel cups. I now have both a white and a red one. Prior to this, I only had the white ones. As near as I can tell, we had traveled 3,600 miles over the past year or so to complete the set.

I also collected another set, the youngest members of the Morrow clan. On the left is Georgia and on the right is Cooper. We enjoyed Thanksgiving with the Morrow’s this year and as usual, it was a lot of fun. As usual, no one went hungry. They really put on a feast and the kids provided the entertainment.

11 Comments:

Blogger Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much said...

Ha Ha I received my complete set last year! I guess that they just love me more...LOL !

What a great shot of you and the two youngest Morrow's

Glad you all had a good time.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Worth every mile Ralph to get the Morrow Kennel cups.

5:59 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Congratulations! I drank a big glass of iced tea from my cup this morning. Thinking about Cliff and Marilyn is a great way to start the day with a smile on your face!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much said...

Yep, Nora is right! Funny how peole all over the lands can drink from that Morrow cup and it brings such a smile to our face !

10:28 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

You couldn't have had as much fun as we did. Having the Campbells visit is a treat and always will be..
I'm glad you like Marilyn's cups.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Only 3,600 miles? Wow, what a bargain!
I'm glad you finally have your set.

The babies are just precious. I think my family needs another one of those.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

By the end of our Thanksgiving Day, I was thinking a trip through McDonald's drive-thru might have been more enjoyable. But the food was good.

I would have traded it all for good company like the Morrows and the Campbells.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Congratulations on getting your complete set! That second set is neat too. Do they call you Uncle Ralph? I am glad you two families could be together again for the holiday.
..
BTW, I can't find my glass right now but I swear it is green? :-)
..

12:03 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Ralph, there are no gree ones, Jim's just trying to cause trouble.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Cliff
Is that your way of telling me to stay home?
Ralph

3:22 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I don't have a red one! But having one is really special to all us blogger friends! I know I feel special every time I see it!

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving at the Morrow's! Nice picture of you with the little ones!!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home