Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sunday Funnies

Here are a few Sunday Funnies thanks to Char.

Lot’s Wife
The Sunday School teacher was describing how Lot 's wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt, when little Jason interrupted, “My Mommy looked back once while she was driving,' he announced triumphantly, 'and she turned into a telephone pole!”

Moses and the Red Sea
His mother asked nine-year-old Joey what he had learned in Sunday School. “Well, Mom, our teacher told us how God sent Moses behind enemy lines on a rescue mission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. When he got to the Red Sea, he had his army build a pontoon bridge and all the people walked across it safely. Then he radioed headquarters for reinforcements. They sent bombers to blow up the bridge and all the Israelites were saved.”

“Now, Joey, is that really what your teacher taught you?” his Mother asked.

“Well, no, Mom. But, if I told it the way the teacher did, you'd never believe it!”

Untimely Answered Prayer
During the minister's prayer one Sunday, there was a loud whistle from one of the back pews. Little Tommy's mother was horrified and pinched him into silence.

After church, she asked, “Tommy, whatever made you do such a thing?”

Tommy answered soberly, “I asked God to teach me to whistle, and He did!”

10 Comments:

Blogger Shady Gardener said...

HA! You are always giving a good laugh. :-)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm laughing too, Ralph! :-)
The middle one is a classic. I'd like to use the first and last some time in my SS class.
I am not sure about the application yet, just have them in reserve.
..

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I love the little whistler story. How cute!!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I liked that one about "looking back." Funny!

By the way, I tell folks I can do magic. Yes, I can walk down the street and turn into a drugstore.

I left a comment on your retirement posting. Sorry I'm late.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Janell said...

Good, clean funnies, as always, Ralph.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Lanny said...

I love the whistle story. We should always demonstrate so openly when our prayers are answered!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Yeah, what anonymous said:
人生就像一顆核桃,必須敲破它,才會顯出他的內容
now that's funny!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Good ones Ralph! I especially like the one about Lot's wife!!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

The little whistler needs an apology from his mother. How could she argue with that explanation?

8:31 AM  
Blogger bobbie said...

All great ones, Ralph. The whistler really got to me.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home