Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Walking Miss Taylor

Taylor, our youngest granddaughter, recently came to visit. She was accompanied by her mom and dad. She turned four months old while she was here. Hard to believe she is already that old.

Thanks to our neighbors (who are expecting another little one) we had anything and everything we could need for Taylor. We had a car seat, a high chair, a pack and play, a stroller, etc. All of it was a lot fancier than when our kids were young. I even had to go to the fire department to figure out how to install the car seat.



While Taylor was here we took her on her first picnic. We were taking our friend Millie to Este Park for a conference she was to attend and stopped on the way to have a picnic lunch. The wind was blowing but Taylor was a trooper and as you can tell from the picture she either wanted me to hold her or she wanted my sandwich.



We also had a pool party for Taylor in the backyard. The look on her face says it all, “Save me Grandpa! Save me!”



Taylor and I also spent I lot of time doing this. I think Tiffany and Jason appreciate the fact that Char and I were available to babysit a few times so they could go out. What a burden – babysitting such a cute little girl.

But all good things have to come to an end and Jason, Tiffany, and Taylor had to leave. Returning from the airport I quickly realized how sad a house full of baby stuff can become without a baby.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jerry in Texas said...

Awwww. Look at grandpa. I'm sure you and grandma are naturals at this 3rd generation stuff.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Does Miss Taylor have enough lifeguards around her in that dangerous pool? Goodness she is a cutie patootie.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Aww...nice post R. Everyone looks so happy. Congrats to all.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Cute girl baby, Ralph. I know what you mean about baby things without the babies in the house. We already have one adult grandchild and soon will have two. That makes you think!

Little Taylor is a beauty.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Marty Morrow said...

GDOR is adorable!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor is such a cutie pie!! What a delight!!!

I hope she got that sandwich she was reaching for. She'd probably have to gum it though.

Little Miss Taylor clearly enjoyed her picnic and swim.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home