Monday, October 31, 2011

Adventures at the Home - Elevators

As I walked into the nursing home where I do my cooking group the first thing I noticed was about 80% of the staff were dressed in a costume. That’s not a bad thing since it is Halloween. I signed in and went through all the formalities.

Heading towards the elevator I spotted a guy who had been coming to my cooking group the last few weeks. I greeted him and asked if he was coming to cooking group today. He replied, “I wouldn’t miss it!”

Together we headed towards the elevators and while doing so I noticed he was constantly looking to his left, then his right, then behind him. That’s a pattern I never seen him do before but I just shrugged it off.

We got on the elevator, the doors closed, and he just blurted out, “Might want to watch yourself today Ralph, people are really acting weird.”

After a moment I replied, “You do remember today is October 31, Halloween, don’t you?”

He looked at me, got a grin on his face, and said, “No #$%^ !! Well, that explains a lot.”

He seemed pretty relaxed during cooking group.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lanny said...

That is too funny to be real!!! Today could mess with your head if you didn't know! What did you make for the group?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Lanny
We made Monkey Bread. You think that is funny wait until I write the ego story.
Ralph

6:21 PM  
Blogger Peruby said...

Oh, that poor man! What he must have been thinking! It is funny but kind of sad. And now I can't stop laughing.

3:04 AM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

Hey, I can relate. We were in a restaurant and a couple at the next table looked very strange. I took a minute for me to realize they were probably going to a Halloween party. At least I hope they were. Glad you were able to set the fellow straight or he might have worried himself to death.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

That cleared up a lot for me too.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for sharing this. I truly needed a good laugh tonight.
Thanks for stopping by and I want you to know you are welcome to use any of my pictures for your monitor.
Glad you like it.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Funny but not funny. Might be us some day. I guess he forgot.
Surely the home had tried to get the residents into the swing of things earlier.
..

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home