Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Kid Friendly

It’s no secret I like to cook.  Char told me a young lady in one of her church groups was undergoing chemotherapy and several people had already taken in meals.  While the family was truly appreciative, the two young boys were getting tired of ‘adult food’ and the lady was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide a few kid friendly meals.  When I heard that, I was on it like white on rice! I mean really, kids and I basically like the same types of food.  Yes, I will eat ‘adult’ food when I have to but kid friendly food is . . . comforting.

I spent the better part of one afternoon buying and preparing a meal of chicken nuggets, corndogs, hamburger sliders, tater tots, ice cream bars, and for dessert a Butterfinger candy bar.  If that isn’t kid friendly I don’t know what is. 

I wish they would have invited us to stay for dinner!  

6 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

can I be a kid too? Hey Ralph it was so nice of you to do this. I bet the kids really like you.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

Oh man, all the things that I cannot eat...too high in sodium.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Peruby said...

Spaghetti...I think most all kids like spaghetti.

Err..anyway. Pass me a corndog.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Get me the ketchup and get outta da way.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Ranch dressing too.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh yummy!!! Those kids are going to be sooo appreciative!!! You rock Ralph!!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home