Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Human Psyche

You can tell a lot about people by their shopping habits. In the grocery store, a woman was walking towards me carrying a dozen eggs with both hands. The eggs didn’t bother me but she was talking to herself. I had seen people talk to themselves before but not in the grocery store, dressed as well as she was, and in this section of town. I was a little concerned until I noticed her earpiece. She had a hands free microphone for her cell phone. Interesting, I thought.

The same lady was ahead of me in the checkout line. While the cashier rang up her eggs, she continued her cell phone conversation, using her hands free microphone. The cashier looked annoyed; I thought it was just rude.

As fate would have it, I followed her out of the store. Her car was in the same aisle; in fact, it was about two parking spaces away. I watched as she climbed into her expensive little sports car. Amazingly, right before she backed out she disconnected her hands free microphone. She had one hand on the phone and the other on the steering wheel. She was going to deal with rush hour traffic driving one handed.

So, what did I learn about this lady? She doesn’t mind crashing her car but she hates scrambled eggs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home