Saturday, March 19, 2005

Guest Blogger

We are privileged and honored to have guests staying at our house tonight. Cliff and his wife dropped by. Actually, Cliff drove 1,200 miles to show me how to post photos. It might have been tied into a vacation as well. Here is our guest blogger – Cliff.

Marilyn and I are on the home stretch and have pulled into one of our favorite vacation destinations. Ralph’s …., okay I actually stopped to hug his wife and he was standing behind her and well. . . I hugged him too. His wife doesn’t have the ‘stubble on the face’ like he does. I think a handshake will suffice when we leave later today.
I like stopping in Ralph’s world because of his ability to draw people. I’ve been here and seen him sit down on the porch and before you know it the whole cul-de-sac is here and wanting to visit.
Char is a very artistic and talented decorator. The painting, stenciling, trim, and window treatments are well done. I was however able to find some of Ralph’s influence this time. They have a lovely little half bath on the main floor and on the back of the toilet is one of those infernal ‘Billy Bass’. You know the ones, they alternate between ‘Take me to the River and Don’t worry be happy’.
Well we are about to leave to complete our tour and get back home to reality. Reality, meaning dog grooming and hauling corn.
I am reminded of a few years back when Marilyn and I lie in bed one night. She was in the middle of a very stressful time involving our children’s activities and the kennel. She was grooming and cleaning pens more than full time and we were traveling all over the region to watch baseball games at night. In the quiet of the bedroom, she confided how low, helpless, tired she felt, and that she needed a vacation. I said in my most fatherly voice, “Well, we just need to stop and smell the…” and before I could finish she interrupted, “What, the dog crap”? Marilyn can be very defensive when she first gets in bed.
Thanks Ralph for letting me be a part of your famous blog. Cliff Morrow

3 Comments:

Blogger Gel said...

Wow! What a nice surprise to CU here, Cliff! :) I was casually taking a break from preparing our home for an invasion of teens for my daughter's BD party. I tried Blogger to see if it worked. VOILA!-
I needed this refreshing break. Cliff, you told another slice of life in your unique way. I bet you all are having a terrific visit! Enjoy Ralph and family. :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Aravis said...

It sounds as though you had a wonderful visit! One of the kids I used to take care of had one of those Billy Bass things and it drove me nuts. But he and his roommates loved it, so I heard it often. I thought it was funny the first few times. Around 100x in a row you start wondering if it's ok to hide it! *LOL*

11:26 AM  
Blogger Costin said...

1200 miles! This is not just a "drop by"! :)))

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home