Friday, February 18, 2005

The Question of the Night

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, I have this uncanny ability to make myself laugh at the stupidest things. One day, alone in the car, I had to pull off the interstate I was laughing so hard.

Yesterday I was traveling, so last night in the hotel room I was tossing and turning trying everything to get to some sleep. I never sleep well in hotels, at least for the first couple of nights. I had the television on. This usually puts me to sleep in minutes – but not in a hotel. I also tried reading in bed. While this rarely works, I was hoping it would. No such luck.

Then a question that would consume my thoughts, the question that would make me chuckle throughout the night, popped into my head. Why at five foot six do I always request a king size bed?

If you can’t sleep, you might as well laugh.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

It might possibly be an underlying wish that well lets see...
You might hear a sound at the door like someone has one of your keys and is coming into your room.
And she's a blonde.
And she's pretty.
And most of all (and the reason for the kingsize bed) she's tall.
And then you wake up and remember she couldn't come with you on this trip because she's teaching school. That must be it, huh! Right Ralph!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Cliff

You might be right. When she gets home tonight I think I'll talk to her about working part time - say noon till two.

Ralph

3:25 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Shoot, I often click "publish" too soon. Hopefully, Ralph's wife is blonde. :)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Green eyed lady

Yes she is blonde, pretty, and tall. Pretty much like Cliff described her.

Ralph

11:32 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

Sounds like you're getting popular!

A king size at your size does make one smile, but why not live luxuriously if you have to be away from home!?

3:32 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Just a clarification, please. Blogger cut me off in mid comment. That first post was supposed to end w/ "your loss about a luxurious bed." I'm very happily married and meant no offense to anyone.

Ralph please tell Cliff, b/c I"m still having loading problems on blogger here.
Lesson learned by me: Do NOT joke when internet connection can be lost.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home