Friday, February 04, 2005

Carriers

Last night on television, was a movie about a virus that was rapidly spreading. It was spreading because several people, termed carriers, were unknowingly transmitting it. Unless stopped, it would eliminate the entire world population. Fortunately, they found a way to stop the virus. If they didn’t no one would be around to watch the movie.

We are having a cold/flu epidemic right now. About eighty-five percent of the people I know have it or have had it, including me. When I was sick, it was just like the movie – this is the end. Fortunately, like in the movie, I survived.

This cold and flu is spreading fast. We have been told to wash our hands frequently and to limit contact with people who might potentially be sick.

Here’s a little tip, watch where and what you eat. I walked into a local store that has a soup stand. It has been there for years, I have bought soup there. It is a self-service stand where you can buy a small, medium, or large container of soup. They usually have three and sometime four different types. All their soups are high in salt and high in fat – just the way I like them. On this particular evening, there were three children all standing around the pots, Mom or Dad were nowhere in sight. The kids were coughing and wiping their noses with their hands. That’s bad enough but it gets worse. They were “tasting” the different soups directly from the pots with the same spoon. They would taste one soup then with the same spoon stick it into another pot of soup and taste it. They had to be spreading a lot of germs but more importantly, it was gross just watching it. For our purpose here, let's just refer to them as them carriers.

Fortunately, the store manager saw the same thing. He said he would dump those pots of soups and replace them. That explains one way we are spreading the crud that is going around and, if he did dump the soup, why we have to pay $2.79 for a small bowl.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Since I feel the way I feel, I think I ate there.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home