Thursday, January 13, 2005

Common Phrases

Setting in a coffee shop, I was plowing through a mountain of reading material I had been putting off. The coffee shop was crowded but surprisingly quiet. Suddenly, a women at the table behind me said in a fairly loud voice, a phrase we have all heard before, ”Well, it’s funny now but it wasn’t at the time.” I had a flashback.

I was working ten-hour days, my wife, Charlene, was working eight-hour days. Because of this there was not hurrying or rushing around in the morning, we both had time and space to get ready for work.

One morning I kissed Charlene goodbye and left. Half way to work, I realized I had forgotten something.

Entering the house, I heard the shower running. I decided to ‘surprise’ Charlene with my unexpected visit. I went upstairs and stuck my hand around the end of the shower curtain. This started quite a scene. Water was flying every which way, shampoo and conditioner bottles were bouncing off the walls, the shower curtain got ripped down, and Charlene was screaming at the top of her lungs.

That happened twenty-four years ago. I think it is funny now. Maybe in a couple more years Charlene will too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Very, very funny. Good blog. cm

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it must be funny if you can get a person to laugh out loud when there is no one else around.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Acid Zebra said...

nice one :)

8:32 AM  
Blogger bridgesitter said...

Ya know Ralph, every woman I've ever talked to has some fleeting thought of Pyscho when they get into the shower. For this reason my shower curtain is clear.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home