Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Blog Father

“With those stories, you ought to start a blog site” my friend Cliff made that statement. That statement made me stare at the number of empty adult beverage containers we had accumulated on the kitchen table. I wondered if Cliff might have had a few before I got there. I had heard of bog sites – those are place you get vehicles stuck and, back east, grow cranberries. I had never heard of a blog.

Cliff explained it is internet site where you post your thoughts or stories. Yeah, a few people may read them but mainly it is something you do for fun. I mulled it over for quite some time. I have always enjoyed writing but truly don’t thing I am good at it. I am also leery about letting people read what I write. That goes back to all the English teachers I had. My English papers were always dripping with red ink. Cliff on the other hand has a natural talent. As his nephew, Marty, stated, “Cliff can read you a grocery list and have you laughing”. That is so true. Cliff is also the kind of person that if you aren’t friends with him it is only because you haven’t met him. Read a couple of his stories, you will quickly discover why we get along so well. So, you might want to access his site located in the links to the right. A couple of my favorites are ‘The Geese’ posted in January ’05 and ‘It’s Tradition’ it is located in the archive section under November 2004. After you read those, you might want to meet Cliff. If so, give me a call – I am always up for a road trip.

By the way, Cliff is the one responsible for getting me, Marty, and several other people in numerous states doing this. That’s why I call him, The Blog Father.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts Ralph. And I dont' want to rain on your parade but Marty at http://martymorrow.blogspot.com/ got me started. He has been working hard to get the rest of our family to start blogging. He has an outstanding blog that comes from many directions, experiences, and thoughts. He runs an outstanding blog, and software developement company for that matter.
But, having said that, getting back to road trips, I'd be honored to meet anyone who calls you a friend.

6:43 PM  
Blogger bridgesitter said...

I have spent the good part of the afternoon reading you and Marty's and Cliff's blogs and have had a really good time doing it. Time well spent. You all should go on tour as the "comedy trio". It's clean and it's fun.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home