Friday, July 08, 2005

Good Times


My daughter started doing this years ago and still does it to this day. When she has had fun doing something she will tell us about it and then at the end of the story, lean back in the chair, smile, and says, "Good times. Good times."

We spent some time with Cliff and Marilyn over the fourth. It was a good time. Many things made it that way. First and foremost, just visiting with everyone and getting caught up. But, there were other things as well.

How Cliff can cook so well and make it seem so effortless is still a mystery to me. That guy can make some pretty serious biscuits and gravy and perhaps the world's best barbecued chicken. This is coming from a guy who is not all that crazy about chicken.

Then there is the town and the people in it. Everyone is really friendly. You have a question they take the time to answer you.

Then there are the folding chairs. That might not do much for you but it seems to be a mainstay of my Tekamah visits. Every time I go there, I end up loading and hauling folding chairs to some event. I guess Cliff figures it is safer to let me play with folding chairs rather than the John Deere tractor.

Then there is the parade. I've been to a couple of parades in Tekamah and both were good in their own way. The fourth of July parade was good because of the assortment of entries. The highlight had to be the geese in the picture above.

Well there is more, a lot more. But, right now I am leaning back in my chair, there is a smile on face and I am saying to myself, "Good times. Good times."
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Sounds wonderful! Hi to Cliff and his clan!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

These geese look as though they're singing as they march along! *G*

11:31 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Ralph my friend, thanks for the visit. It just wouldn't have been the same with out you guys. The sweetcorn is started into the brownsilk stage so about a week from roasting ears. If ours isn't ready, some just like it will be.

5:40 PM  
Blogger bridgesitter said...

Hi Ralph, what a delightful story. Now that I've seen your knees I can pictue you kickin' back and saying Good times, Good times.

7:18 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OK I am now really ready to be sick. Not only do I have to see the GREEN ad hear the cool stories in teh WATER from Cliff but now I come here to see jsut what this Ralph guy is all about. What do I have to read, Cliff makes mean biskets and gravy too!!!!! Thanks for the visit, I'll spend some time going back and getting to know you.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see you again soon Ralph.
Dan

9:49 AM  
Blogger Astrid said...

Haha .. I like the post! Glad you are enjoying good times, but what's the story behind the ducks on the pic. They seem to be merrily singing a song together or am I mistaken?

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home