Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunrise in Elkhorn


Saturday morning we headed back to Colorado. When we arrived at Elkhorn, I started noticing the first rays of sunlight highlighting the Nebraska sky. This made me think of the highlights of the past few days.

They started in Lincoln where we stopped to visit with Dan and Tom. Dan took us to see the remodeling projects at his home where we visited with Julie and Madi. Arriving in Tekamah that night Cliff grilled some of the best steaks I’ve had in long time.

Early on Thanksgiving morning Marilyn gave me a tour of the remodeling project they were doing at the kennel. Then it was on to Fran and Robbie’s where we had Thanksgiving Day dinner. There were thirty people but enough food to feed three times that many. It was there I met up with and visited with Marty.

You want more highlights? There were plenty. We helped Cliff and Marilyn make beef jerky - very good beef jerky I might add, we had a bon fire where hotdogs were roasted and s’mores were made, we shot pistols and then went trap shooting, Char rode a horse and I watched Dan wrestle a rooster. One afternoon was spent watching, or in my case trying to watch, the CU-Nebraska game.

But, the true highlight had to be visiting with all the Morrow’s. So, if you ever see the sunrise in Elkhorn drive north about another thirty miles to Tekamah – that’s where the true highlights are.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

A bon fire, roasted hotdogs, smores, horseback riding, shooting pistols and trap shooting....that is a fun time!!

I don't know about that rooster wrestling though....

I've never had beef jerky.

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe trip.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Thanks my friend for the kind words. It does indicate a pretty busy time by all involved. The food was good but the company was better. You and Char are a good addition to our lives. I'm glad we got together those many moons ago.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a fine Morrow Thanksgiving in Tekamah. I'm so jealous. I had the weekend from hell.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Gorgeous sunrise, Ralph!
I wondered if you guys would be w/ the Morrows for Thanksgiving. That is great that you were. IT was just us 4, but we immensely enjoyed your daughter home for college for the first time.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Ralph, it was great to see you guys. lets do it again real soon.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such a pleasure to have you and Char in our midst!!--Thank you for all the goodies--you make excellent rye bread---The wine is still waiting to be opened---perhaps will wait for the next time you come--when we can have a quiet visit!!---See you soon---R

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home