Thursday, January 25, 2007

Take a Guess

No really I mean it – take a guess. Below are four statements but only one of them is true. Read the statements, ponder them for a while, and then see if you can select the right answer. Before you get started, I’ll give you a couple of hints: this is not a trick quiz, and there is only one right answer. Now to make it easier I have even embedded another clue into the choices.

If you think you have the right answer leave it in the comment section. The correct answer will be posted in a few days. Ready? Then let’s begin!

We are expecting snow again this weekend and because of that:

A. I’ll be standing at the window, sipping hot chocolate, looking out in awe thinking how white, crisp, clean and pristine everything looks.

B. For most of the weekend, I’ll be walking around, a smile from ear to ear, singing, “Walking in a Winter Wonderland”.

C. I will take my hot chocolate and my singing outside because I’m just giddy with excitement about being able to use my new snow shovel again.

D. I’ll be walking around most of the weekend saying things like “This crap is never going to melt! Never!” AND “That’s it! This is our last year here – we’re moving to Nebraska!” AND “I feel like a caged animal! I feel like a caged animal” AND “We have had snow on the ground for the past 39 days! To put that into perspective it only rained for 40 days when Noah was on the Ark!”

Well good luck everybody. I never said it was going to be easy!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mountain Mama said...

You are too funny. I live in Bellingham, WA and even though our snow is gone,(for now) everything is pretty ugly out there, Lots of rain, drizzle and mud.
Hey, did you know that if you throw hot chocolate on the snow it melts, or you could bring some snow inside and mix it with cold chocolate and have homemade ice cream.
Oh well, I was just trying to help.
So shut the curtains and watch a good movie.
SPRING IS COMING!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

Sorry Ralph, I KNOW that the answer is, lemme see, could it be "D?"
We had flurries on and off here today with no accumulation, but boy oh boy is it cold outside! We are expecting a high of 20 tomorrow, maybe around 9 when the middleschoolers get to go off to school in the am! We have been hit with the actic blast here on LI! Good luck with the white stuff, and my thoughts are with you.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

D ?
How's the zoo keeper doing. Tell her hi for me.
word verification is longer than my comment.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

And here I sit without a freakin' flake in sight.

11:49 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Ralph, I hear ya! That used to be my life, too. "Used to" .... it will be 60 degrees here today. Make it a good weekend anyway.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I'll bet since you now know how to golf, it just makes it worse. My advice to you is, build a snow man in the street and run over it with your van. And I want pictures. D

8:12 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

When life gives you lemons Ralph....well you know the rest!!

I expect it's D, but you might take advantage of that snow and spend it inside with Char sipping hot chocolate together and getting all cozy and.....well...you know the rest! You might even be singing, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

If you do Dan's suggestion I would like to see the pictures too!!

Or how about a vacation right now and go to a warm place for a week? Just a thought Ralph. Just a thought! Get a sun lamp and sit under it and have a mixed drink (if you like those or whatever) and close your eyes and imagine that you are in the tropics.

Hey, I'm trying to help! I really am!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

*jumping up and down
*I know the answer I know
D
it has to be D!
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Well, Ralph, I can't guess.
But why don't you just move to Texas?
We have lots of trees and are always planting more (see my today's JIM'S LITTLE BLOG post,
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/)
even today.
That is, Karen and a lot of others are planting. We haven't planted any since 1999 except in pots. You could even help me with my lemon tree that we potted last year.
Texas also has state and national forests, we live on the edge of one.
We only get 'just a little' snow every 10 or 20 years, the bad ice doesn't come down south this far either.
Just do like I did and leave your snow shovel (the new one) up there for the next person.
..

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home