Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Signs of Spring

I am not a big fan of daylight savings time. Although the change is only an hour it takes me a good week to adjust. I’m not sure why. But it is a good sign that Spring is on the way! But there are other signs as well.
Such as snow golf. The weather started to warm up and the snow started to melt. We called around until we found a course that was open. There was still a little chill in the air and we knew the snow might pose a few obstacles – but we had to go.

While it was fun getting out, we quit keeping score after the first few holes. One reason was we weren’t sure how this shot should be counted – is it a penalty if you kick your golf ball out of a snow drift? But the main reason is we realized we are just as bad, maybe a little worse, than when we quit last Fall. It was a long winter.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

"we".....hmmmm... I'm wondering who the "we" were! I think that "we" love golf an awful lot to play before the snow has melted!! I guess all that snow over the winter has taken its toll on you.

I'll be glad when it warms up and melts all that snow Ralph and you can really get out there and get back on top of your game!

It was 80 here today! Very nice!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I guess we both know the rules that govern 'casual water'. I've never heard of rules about 'casual snow'. I think you can probably lay out of the snow not closer to another drift or something like that. Remember, throwing snowballs at or near your opponent is strictly forbidden and to do so while he is putting can lead to forfeiture of the match.
AND a snowball fight.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Ralph said...

Rachael
The we was Bobby, my good friend Geno, and I. 74 here today and I am enjoying it.
Ralph

8:28 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Never heard of Snow Golf! Maybe it would be easier to see the ball if it was colored. I never played golf myself, but see it on TV occassionally. My stepdad used to play but had an awful temper and once when he got mad he wrapped his club around a tree trunk. My huppy nearly laughed himself silly over that one. Another time while golfing near a cow pasture, Hubby hit the ball a good one and it smacked a cow in the behind. When he came home he told me he nearly got a hole in one.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

You failed to mention that the snow is in the sand trap.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Raggedy said...

I should think you make your own rules for snow golf.
Have a wonderful day!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Snow golf? You must be getting desperate for spring...

8:59 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I agree with Raggedy. You are pioneers of the sport and can make your own rules. *G*

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Was the driving range open? It looks like you should practice a little so you don't hit into the snow.
Jim's snow rule: Ball goes in the snow is O.B. Two stroke penalty and rehit.
[Rationale: If you were allowed to hit from the snow it would give you an advantage very similar to teeing the ball on the fairway.]

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home