Monday, February 05, 2007

Well, I'm Out of Here

It’s funny what I remember and when I remember it. For example, whenever Nate would come over to visit or when we had wrapped up a round golf, just before he would leave he would look at me and say, “Well, I’m out of here”.

Last week he was over and his visit ended the same way. He looked at me and said, “Well, I’m out of here”. That’s when I took this picture. Early the next morning he left for the mid-west. Char and I are officially alone in Colorado.

Nate called a few times along the way to tell us some of the highlights.

** He got off at Kansas City to do some sightseeing. One thing he wanted to visit was a Barbeque restaurant. Several people told him it was the best BBQ in America but to be careful about going there as it was in a rough part of town and because of that the owner carries a gun. Of course, Nate had to go see it and take a picture.

** He stopped for lunch and a lady from his previous job called, they wanted to know how his trip was going. He was filling his cup up with ice and she asked what the noise was. He told her he was in the middle of a hailstorm. Evidently, she got all flustered and told him to hang up and concentrate on his driving.

** Somewhere he got bored so he stopped, propped a suitcase up in the passenger seat and put his hat on top of it so it looked like he had a passenger.

I asked Char where does he come up with this crap? She just gave me ‘the look’ and didn’t answer. I guess she doesn’t know either.

9 Comments:

Blogger Raggedy said...

That was a beautiful post!
LOL at hail storm and his passenger.tee hee

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

9:15 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Kansas City, huh? Hmmm...I call it "The Big City." I was there today. I didn't see your boy. He musta gone to LC's BBQ, cuz it's in a pretty rough neighborhood. Course, not when everybody's eating LC's BBQ.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

All I can say is I know his Dad and the kid never had a chance of being normal.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like the apple didn't fall far from the tree Ralph!! Just a chip off the old block...like father like son.....well you get the picture! :)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

I must agree with Cliff on this one. Propping a suitcase up and putting a hat on it. . . Classic Ralph.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Nora said...

I'll be Mr. Suitcase did not complain about the temperature or the choice of music.
Thanks for the update.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I was just thinking "He sounds just like his father!" when I read your last sentence. I'm with Char. *G*

12:26 AM  
Blogger EV said...

LOL at Cliff's comment, again. :)

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again you made me burst into laughter, but just like Char told me she does not have to read the book because she has already lived it! (Now I get it!) I was really worried that he was going to get in an accident threw that nasty hail storm @ the subway soda machine … Ha Ha

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home