Thursday, February 22, 2007

Twins

First and foremost, it should be pointed out that this post has nothing to do with the engagement of DOR and SILOR. For that, I am thankful!

Secondly, as you can tell by the photo below they are not ‘identical’ twins. Similar, yes. Identical, no.

After a year of labor, and intense computer pain for the past few weeks, I am please to announce. . . .

Yes, the 2006 issue of Homespun Headlines has just been released! While I’d encourage everyone to hurry and buy a copy while the supply last. But the truth is if you are reading this, you have most likely read the stories already. But if you click here you can see it displayed at cafepress.com I will most likely add that to my links when I get around to updating them.

The introduction to Homespun Headlines 2006 says it all. Here it is in part:

“When Homespun Headlines 2005 was first published, I had no idea it would take the country by storm. While that might be a slight exaggeration it has end up in Colorado, Nebraska, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wyoming, and even Africa. Yes, I bought and gave away as many copies as I could afford. To give away more I would need a loan. But, it was worth it.

Then requests came pouring in, “When will the 2006 version be released?” I frequently heard from readers wanting more Homespun Headlines. And I’d like to take this opportunity to thank both of you for the support and encouragement to write Homespun Headlines 2006. Your voices have been heard!”

Once again, it was a challenging, exciting and at times a frustrating project. But, I am glad I did it.

16 Comments:

Blogger Raggedy said...

Woooooooohoooooooooooo!
Impressive.
A big ^5 and WTG.
I think this is fantastic.

Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from
the Cool Raggedy one

8:39 PM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

OK, Ralph. You and I need to talk. I'm considering self-publishing My Other Blog (it's at the bottom of my side bar).

Why that company? How Much? How soon? What...what...what and so forth.

Any pointers, glitches, watch-outs and so fifth?

BTW. Nice going.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Congratulations Ralph!
Say that again,
Congratulations Ralph!

Have used ones started showing up in the resale shops yet? If you find one would you please buy it for me. I'd like a first edition if possible. I'll pay you next time we are in Colorado.
..
Really, congratulations a lot.
..
Mrs. Jim and I played golf yesterday, she is playing with her lady friends today. If you would deliver my used book we could find ALL the courses around her open already.
..

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for mine! and why is it good that it has nothing to do with SILOR and I? I think we make nice stories, you could tell about SILORAC

10:08 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

Back by popular demand. . .

Congratulations Ralph! I can't wait for my copy, and I know Greg is super-excited as well, as your first book as become something of a daily staple for him.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

This book is a whole dollar cheaper! A bargain!

Folks go buy it now. Even if you've read the blog it's still a worthwhile investment! When it's a bestseller you can say, "I knew him when."

Congratulations Ralph!! Glad you got it finished.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

You're too funny! Which is why these volumes are so important to global readership. *G*

I love the new cover, btw. Beautiful photo!

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry, with a little help I figured out the "its not about DOR and SILOR" haha

3:41 PM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Perfect timing!
Just yesterday I finished volume 1.
I loved every bit of it. I did find myself wanting to comment on your stories. I had to make do with laughing out loud and talking to myself.
I'm ordering the 2006 version now.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Congrat's! What a great accomplishment. Anyone can write but it takes talent to write something people want to read..
I love the cover of your new book too. Makes me want to se what's inside!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Miki said...

great read, I am sure! When it makes the best seller list, I will be scrambling for a copy! A signed first edition, I might add! Love the covers of both. Keep writing, Ralph. Love your stories!

5:48 AM  
Blogger EV said...

Psssssst! The word is that Oprah's people are looking at it for the book club thingy. ;)

6:33 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

congrats on the twins. i personally know what hard work twins are so you have my respect!!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Nice job Ralph! but I heard that this new version has the same effects as Windows Vista does to computers, It will ruin a lot of your other books. But since I don't have any other books, I'm ok to order one.

6:13 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

Congrats on your latest addition.

Take care

8:12 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

The book arrived yesterday, I can't wait to start reading.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home