Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Friendly Reminders

Yesterday I had several friendly reminders. Most of them came when I was getting the hail beat out me. Or, to rephrase that, when I was getting beat up by hail.

The white on ground is hail that hadn’t melted fifteen to twenty minutes after the storm passed.

The first reminder came when I was dashing to the car before any more welts were created on my body. I thought to myself, “Well, this is Colorado, rated number one for hail storms.”

The second reminder came when I sat in the car listening to the hail beat on the roof. That reminded me I needed to call the basement contractor. We are protecting a lot of “stuff” in our garage so my van can set outside. This was quickly followed by a reminder that I should put Morrow Collision Center on speed dial.

Another reminder came as water gushed through the parking lot. It was a reminder that I have yet to find a place to take swimming lesson.

When five bolts of lighting struck within a minute I was reminded, “Don’t play golf during a lightening storm.”

The storm has passed. So have the friendly reminders.

8 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

Now you can go back to not thinking about all those things until the next rainy day...

8:33 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

We don't get much hail around here anymore. I remember it when I was a kid but not lately.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Swimming lessons would be good. Then we wouldn't need to worry so much when you get on a jet ski.
Ask me if we had a storm. Hail no.
Rain, but no hail.
I played league again Tuesday night. Talking about golf is actually more fun than playing it. Sometimes.

11:12 AM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

We got hailed on in the Grand Canyon in Feb but not much hail here now. lol

My little guy had a tree lady come to his preschool yesterday. They all loved it. They learnt quite a bit. Bless their cotton socks.

I'll teach you to swim Ralph.

Take care xx

1:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ralph, you can't swim?? It's easy. Just paddle and kick. You think you won't, but you WILL stay on top of the water! My brother taught me in the farm pond many years ago.

I don't like it when it hails. It's very scary! Hope you didn't get any dings on your head (you know, like what the hail does to cars sometimes!).

4:41 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Hail Yeah!!!! Bring on the hail!!!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Old saying: It's an ill wind that blows no good.

6:28 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

No hail here. I'll miss those roofers (last year everyone on my street got a new roof).

I was in the shower one evening last Spring when a huge hail storm started. I put on my thick terry cloth robe and looked out side. I realized the truck was getting double hit with hail -- the hail from the sky and the hail bouncing off the roof of my house. I decided to move the truck. I shoved on my red cowboy rain boots and my bike helmet with my robe and dashed out.
At that moment I had a pretty good idea of why I'm single.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home