Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dog Days

It’s been hot and humid here the last few weeks. That’s might be the reason the weeds are still growing like crazy while I can’t keep enough water on the flowers. It’s what is often referred to as the ‘dog days of summer’. Most people associate that saying with hot sultry days. But actually, the dog days of summer have ended. That period is from July 3 through Aug. 11 when the dog star (Sirius) rises with the sun.

Dog days of summer or not – it has been and continues to be hot. So, it’s only fitting that this cup has been getting quite a workout. I’ve had this cup less than and a month but an amazing amount of ice tea has been consumed from it.

Others, like Nora are probably wishing they had one of these beauties. You can read her post about it here. When I read it I’ll admit I thought, “But it’s just a cup.” Once I got one of my own I realized what she was getting at. This is a great cup for the dog days of summer.

Nora, hopefully Cliff has mailed you a new one

9 Comments:

Blogger nora leona said...

Nope, nothing in the mail yet....maybe he's driving it to Indianapolis.
Enjoy the cup -- it is perfect in so many ways.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

uh-oh.
I've got to go pack something. bye

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got my Morrow Kennels cup. Ice tea? Mmmmm. Delicious!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

There's nothing as good as a big ol' cuppa iced tea or lemonade during the dog daysa summer. How do I get one of them cups?

And how are the newlyweds doing?

7:03 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hopefully your post got Cliff on the ball with Nora's cup!

It's been hot here. Today and tomorrow highs are 103. That's hot!

More like AC overworking days! If the electricity went out we'd sure be a hot grouchy bunch, don't you think?!!

7:48 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

hey how come i haven't gotten one of those cups in the mail yet???

just when the kids went back to school the heat and humidity has kicked back up again. it was cooling off and bam back to school and hot as hell and muggy again!! i am ready for cooler weather!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

He gave you one of those dog feed scoops? Surely you aren't drinking from it.
Lot's of people are wishing they had one, most of the ones Cliff gives away he charges as advertising expense.

I know I'll never have one, it looks nice.
..

2:05 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Stop out Jim.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Thats a cute cup!
It's been cooler here in the northwestern part of Washington state. A little rain at night to keep the garden happy. The weeds are growing like mad here too.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home