Friday, June 22, 2007

Blogstock '08

So. . . I was driving down the highway, minding my own business, when all of the sudden I started thinking about Woodstock. You remember Woodstock? It was held in 1969 on a 600-acre dairy farm outside the rural town of Bethal, New York.

Woodstock. The event anticipated 200,000 people but ended up with over half a million. People abandoned their cars and walked for miles to get to the concert. People who attended shared food, beverages, drugs, and themselves with others. Three people died and while unconfirmed it has been rumored that two children were brought into the world at that event.

I don’t know why I was thinking about it. I didn’t go and I don’t know anyone who did. I started wondering if I missed something and that led to thoughts of Blogstock ‘08.

Imagine this – fifteen to twenty blogging friends and their family gathering together on a farm. . . oh say, outside of Tekamah, Nebraska. As far as music, we know our host does a good solo according to Jerry and Nora. I have heard Julie play the piano and she is great. We could share food – Cliff is a great cook. We could share beverages – Tekamah has a little coffee shop and Cliff is known for always having a pitcher of ice tea close by. We can share drugs – most likely, ibuprofen. Hopefully, no one will die and no one will be brought into the world either.

Blogstock ‘08!! Let me know if you're interested in attending, we'll get you the details.

22 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I was a teenager during the sixties and Woodstock was not my kind of thing....I like your flowers from you last blog.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

I can't make it, but I'll be there in spirit. I'll look forward to reading about it, though. Unless it's one of those "What happens at Blogstock '08, stays at Blogstock '08" sort of things? *G*

10:57 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Count me in. Let's get'er done!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

My First Wife and I would really like to attend Blogstock '08. Please send information. Good idea!!

6:47 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Woo Hoo!
Ralph, you are full of good ideas!
I'm in!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Let's see....in 1969 I was a mere child...ah yes..I was 15 years old!!! Of course I heard about Woodstock later on. I would not want to be in a crowd of 200,000. That's too many people in one place!!!

You know I'm in!! Just let me know when and what to bring!! This gives me lots of planning time!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm here from Rachel's and it sounds like a winner to me. Hope all of you pull it off and have a great get together.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Skip a dee do dah
Zip a dee ya
My oh my oh
What a wonderful day!

Meeting blog friends
I can't be late
We'll have a great time
At Blogstock O Eight!!!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ralph,

We are stardust, we are golden.
We are billion year old carbon.
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Count me in too!!

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun! Please forward us the details. But, Ralph, why can't we have it at your farm?

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have to be a bloger to take part in this adventure ....?

3:12 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Rachel sent me over here, Ralph...It's a great idea and if I could travel, I would be there---Well, I think I would....lol.

I wasn't at Woodstock either but it certainly is legendary....Maybe Blogsock '08 could be LEGENDARY, too!
Keep us all informed, please! Sounds like a lot of fun.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rachel sent me too. [The "Cs" come before the "Ls" so she was first for me today. I'm killing two birds here then.]

I would like to go. I would rather be in your garden as Colorado is sooooo much prettier than Nebraksa bottom land.
Now if Cliff cooks up a fish fry, things might be different.
..

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

What FUN this would be!!!
I'll bring some tie-dyed clothes for everyone.
My son is a long-haired rocker. He could provide the "Woodstock" feel while we pass around the Advil and get drunk on Nyquil.

Let me know the details.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

From here to Cliff's town is 922 miles according to Expedia. A 2 day trip. Not bad!!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Annonymous: If you read these blogs...yer a blogger. Answer is yes of course.
Ralph: Sounds like we better plan this thing.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

We had to miss Woodstock because I was pregnant with my first child. My husband was occupied in Southeast Asia.....Maybe we can make Blogstock'08. I'll watch for updates.

6:50 AM  
Blogger nora leona said...

Rachel, Jerry and I will pick you up.

Cliff, have you mentioned this to Marilyn yet?

7:02 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Whata great idea. That sounds like an absolute blast! I say let's do it.

9:36 PM  
Blogger PinkCat said...

I would love to go to. It would be awesome. I don't think we could drive from Phoenix though. hmmmm will have to talk to Scraggy about that. lol

Keep me posted too.

Take care xx

9:13 AM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Too far for me to go too, but I think it would be great fun!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Well, Ralph, I wasn't at Woodstock either. This is a great idea. I can't imagine a more fun group! I wonder what Cliff will do with his own version of a tent city!

By the way, I prefer Aleve. ;o)

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home